Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 4 13 7:00 PM

Tags : :

hi guys just wanted to post a picture of my 40th Painted heads with the exception of the green beret who is an original painted head wearing a 40th repro green beret outfit ,when iwas a kid i originally had flock hair and eagle eyed action man but i have really got into the painted head figure ,i am going for a heavy infantry platoon , believe the repro gi joe marines are of a superior quality to the 40th action man but thats just my opinion ,i have a few more items arriving from ebay shortly so will post more pics then , i would like to get my platoon out in the oolu soon and get a few pictures

Click here to view the attachment

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 4 13 7:26 PM

Lovely troops mate, my favourites. You are correct about the USA G.I Joe 40th being far superior than the flimsy UK productions.
This gives me an excuse to get my troops out on show...all PH's and vintage...

Retired    Retired   

#3 [url]

Feb 4 13 8:25 PM

Fantastic platoon you're building there Captain! Having single examples of various uniforms is cool but so is having multuple examples of a single uniform. As kids we all dreamed of building a squad or platoon. AM was after all a soldier and how often do you see just one soldier going on a mission!

40th AM vs 40th GI Joe? No contest in the figure stakes...Joe is way superior. As for the uniforms, I don't think there's much difference quality wise.

ps.Fantastic platoon you have there as well AJ! You need to create a thread dedicated to your little Alladin's cave!

Retired    Retired   

#6 [url]

Feb 17 13 1:21 PM

HI people , i just wanted to up update my post regarding my platoon , the ranks have swollen by 4 taking me up to 16 members of the heavy infantry platoon , there is a mortaman and m60 machine gunner both wearing body armour , the first was from the infantry support set along with the weapons,the second a seperate purchase from the ebay, the other new recruit is a GI Joe 40th marine who is in charge of the bazooka. i am in the process of kitbashing a military police man who is now in charge of brutus he has a red mp armband from a british mp but i am waiting for a red neckerchief and white mp helmet to wing its way from cotswolds along with a white 45 holster . also on thier way from cotswold are two GI Joe African American soldiers as my platoon is lacking in diversity, which are the latest recruits , and i must admit (but don't tell the wife) i have just purchased another green beret from our friend ebay and another GI Joe marine to come from ebay via the States , good job my wife loves me eh !

Retired    Retired   

#7 [url]

Feb 17 13 1:26 PM

there is a close up of brutus lead as i hadded a leather handle to the leash , my first little foray into making something , nowhere in leauge of  some guys on here , but i was happy how it turned out !

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#10 [url]

Feb 17 13 2:27 PM

cheers slack , i would love a cabinet like yours to pose them all in with a cool diorama ,like the one's you produce [image] 

-captainaction1971

heh Captain, actually I've seen a few 1960s era wooden bookcases with the two sliding glass doors lately and I'm thinking they'd be really good for little shelf dioramas... you know, furniture charity shop stuff.... 

some one also suggested old hi-fi cabinets turned on their side... doesn't have to be huge.. but great for a platoon!  and not as big as mine but full of potential!!

Other thing is just to give your shelf a backdrop... again, charity shop old framed pictures... just a skyline or something... lots of 70s prints have jungle themes too....etc. 

I'm always on the look out.... once you get your eye in.... all hell breaks loose! 

keep VAMin'!!

:) Slack

Retired    Retired   
Retired

Retired

bbcode help