Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 19 13 1:42 PM

Tags : :

Can anyone help me with the correct date and time for the 3rd VAME day near Loughborough please ?

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 19 13 2:41 PM

VAME Meet 3 is booked for Saturday 8th June, the same venue (in Quorn just outside Loughborough) as VAME Meet 2 last year, starting at 10.30am, finishing at 2.30pm to leave some time to clear up.  I have the hall booked until 4pm.

As before, it is timed to coincide with the wonderful WW2 weekend at the Great Central Railway nearby.  I'll post a formal announcement with some more details soon, but you already know the way! grin

Retired    Retired   

#2 [url]

Feb 20 13 11:05 PM

Brilliant, Mike

Looking forward to it.  The last one I went to was even better than the V&A Museum day and that's saying something.  I'm glad it coincides with the WW2 day, a great excuse to bring the family.

I hope this one's a record turn out, it would be nice to put some more names to faces.

Retired    Retired   

#3 [url]

Feb 22 13 11:51 AM

I can smell a cunning plan here...tell the Wife I'm gonna take her & the Kids to the great Central railway for a mooch about the WW2 weekend and bonus! - "some folks are selling VAM over there, I may as well have a look whilst we're here oh flowerpot of the orient" BOOM! everyone's a winner!

I'm collecting all this VAM stuff for the kids future love, honest !

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Mar 17 13 11:40 AM

hi . i am trying to go to the vame meet 3 , but because it is 7 hours away i am thinking of taking our touring caravan, bring the wife and kids , and make a weekend of it,is the ww2 a good day out, all feedback would be much appreciated............

Retired    Retired   

#5 [url]

Mar 17 13 2:42 PM

The WW2 weekend is a massive event that takes place over three days starting on the Friday.  The main display is at Quorn, just a short walk from the VAME Meet, with US military hardware, tanks, guns etc.  There are stalls where you can buy genuine WW2 guns and stuff if that floats your boat, a beer tent with WW2 era music, etc.  I always enjoy the vintage aircraft flypast, although the best is usually reserved for the Sunday (normally a Spitfire flying around the station and alongside the steam trains).  There are several reenactments during the day at different stations.

I posted a few photos of the WW2 event from a previous year here:

http://vame.lefora.com/2010/06/11/wwii-weekend/

A full family ticket usually costs something like £35 to £40, which isn't cheap, but it does give you unlimited rides on the steam trains all day and access to all the displays and events throughout the day.

Retired    Retired   
Retired

Retired

bbcode help