Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 24 13 1:27 PM

Tags : :

Hi all,
Does anyone have both the original vintage and 40th Dak Cap by any chance?

Interested in the differences.

Cheers

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Feb 26 13 2:16 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the painted dot more frequently found on the 40th version? Or was it painted also on the VAM version but faded through time?

Yorgos

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Feb 26 13 3:25 PM

hi the vam one has a sticker too . as iv only got one of the small stickers on my dak caps .. all the rest iv lost so i guess its got to be the mold marks   if any .. as from the pic i cant see any difference  

Retired    Retired   

#7 [url]

Feb 26 13 9:46 PM

Hi all

The vintage cap in my photo is from the Internationals card I had for Christmas in 1979. As Mark has mentioned above, the roundel is a sticker rather than painted.

I think that the roundel - and the diamond that it's stuck to - was painted on the Cotswold version of this field cap. I don't have a Cotswold DAK cap, but I do have their green one and it's virtually identical to both caps, except a bit more detailed in its painted state.

Colour-wise, I seem to recall that the Cotswold cap might have been manufactured in a shade that was somewhere between the two caps I've shown in my picture. 

Another feature of the caps pictured above is that the vintage one feels a little "less thick" than the 40th one.

I hope that helps. 

Cheers Steve Vintage, Modern and 40th - the Action Man Holy Trinity!

Retired    Retired   

#8 [url]

Mar 1 13 12:48 AM

Inside are they the same?
White lines look more delicate on the vintage one.

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help