Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 10 13 1:41 PM

Tags : :

I'm pleased to announce VAME Meet 3 - the 3rd annual forum event for Vintage Action Man Enthusiasts - on the morning of Saturday 8th June 2013 in the village of Quorn near Loughborough.

The arrangements will be similar to last year's meet and is in the same venue, which was spacious and convenient.  As before, it is for Vintage Action Man Enthusiasts who want to buy/sell/swap vintage Action Man figures and accessories, show off their treasures and customs, or just have a chat.

The date, time and location are chosen to make it easy to combine with a visit to the excellent WWII weekend held every year at the Great Central steam railway nearby:  http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/1940s-wartime-event-7th-9th-june/

If you're new to VAME, you might like to look back at the previous events to see what goes on!

VAME Meet 1:  http://vame.lefora.com/2011/04/23/1st-vame-annual-meet-11th-june-2011/

VAME Meet 2:  http://vame.lefora.com/2011/11/12/2nd-vame-annual-meet-saturday-9th-june-2012/

It's a relaxed event organised for the benefit of members and not trying to compete with commercial toy fairs or action figure fairs.  Entry is free, parking is free and it's even free to take a table (although a donation to offset the hire of the hall would be welcome).  Tea/coffee/biscuits/snacks will be available if I can persuade MrsAction to do the honours for another year. 

Plans are already in hand with plenty of VAM for sale, displays of rare vintage Action Man and Tommy Gunn collections and customs and hopefully a visit from the one and only Bob Brechin (Chief Designer at Palitoy).

Further details will follow nearer the time, but for now, make a note of the date in your diaries and calendars and don’t miss out on the dedicated event for Vintage Action Man Enthusiasts in 2013!

Time and Place

Saturday 8th June 2013, 10.30am - 2.30pm (sellers can set up from 9am) in Quorn village hall:  http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=LE12%2B8BB&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=16&om=1&iwloc=addr

64 Leicester Road
Quorn
Leicestershire
LE12 8BB

If you would like to take a table to sell or display, please send me a PM.

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#9 [url]

Mar 28 13 11:45 AM

Still, I suppose if I could get a lift, at least I could put a face to some of the sterling members of this Forum.

It would also give me an incentive to finish renovating my DAK m/c and sidecar. I could crew it up and bring it along to display.

Retired    Retired   

#10 [url]

Mar 28 13 11:48 AM

Maybe use this thread to see if people are interested in sharing lifts and petrol money?

If you say where you are located, then if someone is coming from the same direction or passing, it might work out.

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Mar 28 13 3:20 PM

I'm still thinking about attending. Normaly I will attend but it's a very long drive. I would also want to visit the WWII reenactment and I'm afraid it will be very late and very tiring. To book a hotel is quit expensive and eats away from the spending money.

If I would decide to go, I live in Brugge and I will take the Eurotunnel with my car.

With kind regards and greetings from a sunny but cold Brugge,
Tom

P.S. refractionman ? are you an optician or ophtalmologist ?

Retired    Retired   

#14 [url]

Mar 28 13 5:40 PM

Mike,

When I go watch the prices on this site they are more expensive than your £ 29. Is it cheaper if you book in the hotel yourself ?

With kind regards,
Tom

I apologise, I didn't see well. I found out now that prices start from £ 29.

Do you know this hotel Mike ?

Retired    Retired   

#18 [url]

Mar 28 13 6:27 PM

Do you know this hotel Mike ?

-fuzzhead_tom

It's brand new, but I've never stayed as I only live a few miles away!  It is a budget hotel, part of a big chain in the UK, which is usually OK.  It's not far from Quorn and it does have the possible advantage of being right next to the Police station.  I don't think it has it's own car park though, so you have to use the public car park or park on the street nearby.

Retired    Retired   
Retired

Retired

bbcode help