Remove this ad

#184 [url]

Jun 10 13 1:45 PM

I just want to say I had a great weekend. The VAME 3 meeting was a treat !!! I normaly do not brag with the items I buy but I couldn't resist to take a picture of all the lovely items I returned home with. I want to thank all sellers for their kind reductions wink. Buying lovely items at a meeting is so much more fun than buying on the internet.  A special thanks from me to Mike & Jess for making me feel so very welcome. A super thanks to Sally for being willing to accept what I buy on Ebay. It was great to see you again Sally and you realy are an 'Angel' heart.

I have loads of pictures of the meeting and the WWII days. If you want to see some I can make a little selection, I just took too many to show them all. Mike & Jess know now that I realy am an addict angel. It was nice to meet some members again. Now I know better what some members look like. I'm not realy a big talker, I talked with some members more than with others, but I was happy being there and watching it all.

I went to Tesco but didn't know they closed at 16.00 on Sundays so I had only 5 minutes to shop crying. I could only fill 1 shopping-cart in 5 minutes.

Thanks for a great weekend and see you next time.

Tom

Click here to view the attachment

Retired    Retired   

#186 [url]

Jun 10 13 6:30 PM

Sorry I was unable to come. 

-thehandofbob

Sorry we weren't able to catch up Bob - maybe next year 

Wow, that's some serious shopping Tom 

.... I went to Tesco but didn't know they closed at 16.00 on Sundays so I had only 5 minutes to shop [image]. I could only fill 1 shopping-cart in 5 minutes.....

-fuzzhead_tom

Tesco's profits will be way down for this year then 

Retired    Retired   

#192 [url]

Jun 10 13 9:03 PM

Thanks gents for the comments on the dome (this year the scene was arranged for me by Jess!).  As far as I know it's not an official Palitoy display, just one made up for display in a shop.  It's got holes in it for fixing the figures and accessories in place, but I rather like to change the arrangement around for the VAME Meets! 

Retired    Retired   

#193 [url]

Jun 10 13 9:04 PM

I bought two of them this weekend one boxed and one loose but I think they are both the 3 wheeled version, but I will have a look to be sure.

-fuzzhead_tom

The boxed one I sold you is definitely the 3-wheeled version Tom.  I do have a 4-wheeler, but they are harder to find.

Retired    Retired   

#195 [url]

Jun 10 13 10:08 PM

I love the fact that Palitoy adapted the artwork on the boxes, so that the box for the 4-wheeler actually shows the 4-wheeled version in action, and the box for the 3-wheeler shows a 3-wheeler in the illustration.

Retired    Retired   

#199 [url]

Jun 11 13 1:33 PM

I love the fact that Palitoy adapted the artwork on the boxes, so that the box for the 4-wheeler actually shows the 4-wheeled version in action, and the box for the 3-wheeler shows a 3-wheeler in the illustration.

-mraction

They had probably learnt their lesson Mike after having to add the contents sticker to the boxed figures artwork.

Looks like it was another great event, I really have to try harder to get the day off work next year.

Retired    Retired   

#200 [url]

Jun 11 13 7:05 PM

Hi all, I had a great day and it was good to meet up with old friends and meet new ones. Tom, I didn't realise you got so much- what a spree! I hope the diorama got back to belgium safely and your Opel Blitz is now on my temporary workshop bench! Thanks again Mike and Jess for organising a great day.

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help