Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 18 13 5:48 PM

Tags : :

Anyone have a late issue Royal Military Police belt to swap for an early issue thick one? 

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

Mar 19 13 10:39 AM

I think, I should have one...it's the one with the metal brass bands, right? I'll have a look to night when I'm back from work.
But maybe could swap for an other kind of belt.  I just keep you in touch.

Retired    Retired   

#7 [url]

Mar 24 13 9:32 PM

I try to post the picture the other day but didn't work ... the belt I've is exactly the same as you have but in thicker material...
The gun is broken... is the life vest complete ? ... the hat is exactly what I'm looking for ... I'll try again monday from the office other wise I can email you the picture ...
Thanks for posting the pics VAm80

Retired    Retired   

#8 [url]

Mar 24 13 10:35 PM

I try to post the picture the other day but didn't work [image]... the belt I've is exactly the same as you have but in thicker material...

-oddman

I have the thicker material one, I am after the thinner one in the picture  I'm trying to complete a late issue Royal Military Police outfit.

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#10 [url]

Mar 25 13 6:06 PM

The gun is broken... is the life vest complete ? ... the hat is exactly what I'm looking for

-oddman

The life vest is missing the loops but you can have all three parts in exchange for the belt if you want? I only included the broken rifle and life vest in case you wanted them as they where in my bits box. 

Retired    Retired   

#11 [url]

Mar 28 13 9:25 PM

I looked trough my stuff and I didn't found any thinner one. But I think that the late issue came with a thicker material belt cause the early issue came with a white belt.
I look in the view catalogues that I have and I didn't found anything about a thinner one....

Sorry for the 2 empty posts but something went wrong

Retired    Retired   

#12 [url]

Mar 29 13 12:45 AM

I think the images in the catalogue show an early prototype/test shot for the Royal Military Police.  I've not seen the white belt and a Sten gun on a carded outfit (unless someone has one they would share a photo of?) There are definitely two versions of the RMP with thicker and thinner belts to match the jacket and trousers. The later issue has the thinner belt. I'm not sure if it was released on the Kit Locker Cards as I've never seen a carded example but there is a Cat No. for it and this would have been the thinner issue as it was released on the Union flag card like that in the late 70s.  

Retired    Retired   

#13 [url]

Mar 29 13 9:58 AM

I looked trough my stuff and I didn't found any thinner one. But I think that the late issue came with a thicker material belt cause the early issue came with a white belt.

-oddman

oddman, I guess you're thinking of the 1960s MP, which was a US military uniform, not the RMP.

Retired    Retired   

#14 [url]

Mar 29 13 11:48 AM

No, I'm talking about the RMP... In a few the Action Man catalogues, like in Taylor's book, the RMP is pictured with a white belt
But after researching more,  I finally found a catalogue were the RMP was wearing a kaki belt ... 

Here in Germany they released the RMP ( as UN RMP ) with the thinner outfit and and thick kaki belt ....  
I'm sorry for the confusing 

I hope you will find somebody who can really help you on this one

Retired    Retired   

#15 [url]

Mar 29 13 12:38 PM

Oddman is right about the RMP being picture in catalogues with a white belt but I think it is an unreleased version used before the production release was finalised.

The thinner belt exists it's pictured above.

Thanks for trying Oddman, I'm sure one will turn up soon.

Retired    Retired   

#16 [url]

Mar 29 13 3:45 PM

Thought I had one Dan, but after ages of digging about in boxes it turned out to be the thicker issue too. I'm guessing these later issues are pretty rare then.

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help