Remove this ad

Lead

May 29 13 5:08 AM

Tags : :

I'd like to know if the 40th outfits fit on other 1/6 scale figures? I have a couple of extra Joe Classic Collection figures I could use which seem close to the AM/Joe blue pant body except for the larger hands. Has anyone tried this?
Before any of you decide to burn me for heresy for asking such a question I should explain why I asked. I'm in the US so for geographic and budgetary reasons VAM figures are out of the question. I know I can use vintage style Joe bodies but I'd rather spend money on acquiring 40th uniforms sets and any bodies I already have.
I will greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.
Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

May 31 13 1:22 PM

Some of the modern figures have longer legs than VAM so they may look a bit like Hobbits. Some of my modern Joes have longer legs, but the original sculpts should be fine.

I know what you mean about cost. To get a VAM down under costs about the same in freight as it does for the figure.

Retired    Retired   

#5 [url]

Jun 2 13 8:17 AM

Not heretical at all - makes good sense to get outfits on display. I've been thinking of getting hold of some of the more pose-able modern figures and sticking VAM or 40th heads on to try and get more realistic poses in photos. I think action_mat did something similar. Mat - did you have an ultra pose-able figure with a VAM head on? 

Never occurred to me that some of the modern figures would be taller than the vintage ones. Not that is heresy 

Retired    Retired   

#6 [url]

Jun 2 13 1:06 PM

Yes I did.  It's not big and it's not clever and I won't be doing it again

I found that the dragon body I used was the same size as a VAM, if anything there is more of a height variation in my vintage collection.  He works well for pictures, but only because he has a VAM head and VAM hands (which means I ruined a perfectly good BP)

If you are going to do it, buy a cheap doctor who 12" figure.  The doctor and dalek sec have DiD bodies and you'll get a free suit to play with for around a fiver

Or buy a 40th figure, put a vintage head on it and stick the 40th one on a DiD.  Then you'll have 2 cheap figures, one for display and one for play

Retired    Retired   

#7 [url]

Jun 2 13 1:25 PM

He does look good though Mat I was going to attempt shaving some of the plastic off on the backs of the knees/calfs/upper thighs and in the elbow joints on a VAM 1964 body to try get a touch more movement. I wasn't sure if it would work anyone tried it, or does anyone think it would work.

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Jun 2 13 4:06 PM

It might help a bit Jason, but it's the body not the limbs that restrict his movement.   A VAM can't bend his back, which is why it's always a squeeze in a vehicle.  Happens to us all eventually

You'd have to find a way of cutting and shutting two torsos and hinging them, if you shaved a bit off the arm joints and straightened a hand out you could at least get him to salute  

Retired    Retired   

#9 [url]

Jun 2 13 9:55 PM

I was going to attempt shaving some of the plastic off on the backs of the knees/calfs/upper thighs and in the elbow joints on a VAM 1964 body to try get a touch more movement. I wasn't sure if it would work anyone tried it, or does anyone think it would work.

-jasonreed701

I had a play with some old bits last year. you can get a bit more movement bending legs etc. reshaping the pelvis and lower torso  doesn't do a lot at all. I didn't bother to finish him in the end.
 I also thought about stuffing an old pair of overalls with cotton wool and stiff wire like the old bendy toys and attaching action man head  and arms. grin
I have come to the decision its not worth the hassle, he is what he is, 

Retired    Retired   

#13 [url]

Jun 3 13 5:31 PM

Thanks for the help guys. Actionmat, your Paratrooper figure looks great. All set to do his duty for Queen and country.

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help