Remove this ad
Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jun 12 13 1:20 PM

I'm more surprised at how rare it is.  It's a good looking set, you would have thought it would have been popular at the time and therefore reasonably common(even on the card).

Anything can be worth mega bucks if two wealthy people want it.  I bet the ebay fees wiped off a sizeable percentage of the smile on the sellers face

Retired    Retired   

#2 [url]

Jun 12 13 2:17 PM

Oh em eff gee (as I believe they say these days ) that is a serious amount of money! I think I would have been happy with one of the re-released sets.

I bet the buyer is pleased to have found the set. Assuming this was an item that they have been wanting to get to complete their collection, that would be one collection I'd like to see.

Not sure what the ebay fees would be - I just tried an online calculator and it said $633. I've never had anything like that amount on ebay so I wouldn't know if that sounds right or not 

Retired    Retired   

#3 [url]

Jun 12 13 3:43 PM

Bally hell. I hope that wasn't a mistake. When my dad first bid on a Hornby 3 rail Sir Nigel Greesly he bid £3,000 instead of £30.00! Thankfully it only went to £45.00 and he was happy with it.

It does look like a great outfit and a rifle with three scopes sounds great but my word.

Retired    Retired   

#5 [url]

Jun 12 13 6:50 PM

Ok i admit i just couldnt resist the outfit.

So my son isnt going to university but he is ok with that well i think i he is i will check when he speaks to me next.

My wife fully understands i can now only afford to get her one anniversary present and she cant wait to see what ive got her for our 70th wedding anniversary in 2068.

Im still beaming but i must admit it hurts to smile as the scars from selling my organs are still quite sore.

And i have to thank Flick Knife Frankie for the loan of £10,000 as without it i would of been stuffed but as a fellow collector he understood my passion and i said i would return the favour if i find any old tool boxes  because apparently he collects nuts and keeps them in a jar.

Still apart from all that its well worth it i mean you can see the vibrant colours of the card....the outfit..the rifle and scope and thats just the front.

The back is equally nice with gorgeous pictures of gi joe....and the best bit it seems it is a limited edition of only 2008 sets and spookily i have the very last one as it say it big black print Hasbro 2008.

oh......

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help