Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 20 09 6:56 PM

Tags : :

Hi Gang

It occurred to me that a lot of AM stuff was common to several sets, so that would also apply to the 40th range and it might be fun to see what other figures I could put together just using bits of 40th sets. 

The Navy Dress set is easy as the bits come with the Navy Attack set, the Paratrooper obviously has the cammo & para pack card which also makes it possible to put together a Jungle Fighter set - just add Aussie Jungle Fighter machete and entrenching tool (which I haven't got yet....) and the belt, water bottle and mess tins from the sleeping bag set. Thanks to Paul for the figure and cammos and to James for the Knuckle knife 

So - what other figures can we put together just from 40th clothing and accessories that haven't been specifically released as 40th sets?grin

Daren

Click here to view the attachment
Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Mar 23 09 12:03 PM

Don't cut your fingers off mate [image]

-trooper71

grin I haven't taken the step of getting a live blade - too many people in my club have cut themselves or severed ligaments in their hands (one guy did it twice - he is, understandably, no longer training).

Looks like it's just you and me discussing the 40th then 

I was thinking that a sabotage set should be possible as well as a 40th kit-locker. I 've started expanding out of my 40th cabinet 'cos I'm running out of room. Might concentrate on the PH figures then see how much room I've got left grin

Retired    Retired   

#6 [url]

Mar 23 09 3:04 PM

Oops, sorry grin Same thing happened to me. I didn't like painted head figures (I thought the uniforms were dull) until I had a GI Joe Action Soldier stood on top of my tv for a while,waiting to be sold. I kept noticing him and thinking "Hmm, actually he looks quite smart.".

Retired    Retired   

#8 [url]

Mar 25 09 3:21 PM

I don't think you can call the PH ugly! EE are ugly, painted heads seem to have a knowing look about them and I think they look very distinguished!
That why even 40th PH look good compared to 40th fuzzy's or EE. just my opinion wink

Retired    Retired   

#10 [url]

Mar 25 09 4:12 PM

I don't think you can call the PH ugly! EE are ugly, painted heads seem to have a knowing look about them and I think they look very distinguished!

-actiongirlie

Thank goodness my own hair is going more "PH" than "fuzzy" devil

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Mar 25 09 5:37 PM

I'm with you AG on the painted heads - I love them, they are class - had one as a kid (a hand me down) and he was the odd one out with all the painted face flock haired fellas I had, never had an EE as a kid though and only have a couple in my collection - just think they look plain odd!

Retired    Retired   

#12 [url]

Mar 25 09 8:36 PM

Personally the Fuzz heads hard hands then gripping hands are MY choice of collection.
BUT, I do also have a soft spot for the first eagle eyes heads(everyone's heard the story why!)

Retired    Retired   

#13 [url]

Mar 25 09 8:41 PM

Hi all

This might not be in the spirit of the original thread, but I was looking again at the artwork on the 40th Wave 14 Stormtrooter the other day and the soldier in the picture seems to be wearing a shirt - rather like the Commandant's - under his tunic.

It seems that most folk add a scarf, but I might try it with the shirt sometime, to see what it looks like! 

On the subject of the painted-head figures, I was never really too bothered about having any until I bought a vintage Russian outfit a couple of years ago and I had to get one because I found that the fur hat wouldn't fit on anything else.

More recently, the 40th ones have also started to interest me - my 40th Marine Combat is on one - and I reckon that the Wave 14 FSJ looks just great on a blonde PH. I am going to get a few more in due course for the 40th para and jungle explorer, and another to try on my Cotswold FSJ.

Cheers Steve Vintage, Modern and 40th - the Action Man Holy Trinity!

Retired    Retired   

#17 [url]

Mar 25 09 9:11 PM

hi m8 i have a shirt on my last issue guy as i dont have any scarfs and i had a shrt spare   yes it does look nice but is a pain to get it on as the oufit i found i tight on and vame EE and the webbing looks like a ruddy bra ..  surprise...i did have a painted head for my RCMPas its the only head that fits the hard hat . but it had to go   i got a fuzzy painted eyes guy now and it just rest on the top of his head you move it 1st thing hat falls off   i might put it nback ona paintred head but i know if i start with one  where does it end as you guys know  one two three then its 20   30   smile

Retired    Retired   

#18 [url]

Mar 25 09 9:30 PM

Hi Iain

I haven't opened any of my 40th trooters yet - sort of lost interest a little bit when I heard about the webbing being very small. Maybe one day when I can get some vintage webbing - or I might just add a belt, like the SOTC German for a bit.

I also anticipated that the shirt / jacket combo might be a bit of a tight fit!

While we're on the subject, don't you think that the latest set of pictures the Loft has put up of the Wave 14 figures (and some others, like the Staff Officer) are less than flattering in respect of promoting the 40th EE figures? The trooter webbing just looks plain ridiculous...

Cheers Steve Vintage, Modern and 40th - the Action Man Holy Trinity!

Retired    Retired   

#19 [url]

Mar 25 09 9:52 PM

The picture of the Grenadier Guard is a classic, if ever your looking for a reason not to buy 40th then look at that picture grin

On the subjest of trooter webbing, to be honest I found mine OK.:

Retired    Retired   

#20 [url]

Mar 25 09 11:26 PM

Hmmm later sets on PH figures. Interesting. Heretical, but interestinggrin.  I've tended to put the later sets on fuzz head/painted eye figures but I think I might be convinced to try some on PH figures. It would make the Stormtrooter look more at home with the early Stormtrooper.

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help