Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 3 09 7:43 AM

Tags : :

Now is the time to do it!

Use this thread just to say 'Hello' or maybe more....Let us know you are alive out there! devil
Maybe tell us what has stopped you from posting before now?

Jump in and join the fun!

PS THIS THREAD WILL BE MODERATED TO KEEP IT ON-TOPIC AND TO GIVE THE 'NEW' MEMBERS A PLACE TO BE HEARD!!!!

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Aug 5 10 9:46 AM

Good Day ! - thanks for welcoming me to your site which i find so far interesting, helpful and honest. I started selling my own collection on e- bay about 6 months ago as I had to finish work cos of a double hip replacement and spinal probs (hence the "out of action" handle !!)the old health is  coming on good now but I am regretting selling a lot of my childhood Action man Stuff !! - To keep me satisfied, I have bought a bit of 40th stuff and completed some sets which i have kept for myself (and my 6 year old daughter)  as i only would sell the vintage kit as i am an honest bloke.  I reckon a couple of sellers in the past have turned me over with alleged vintage for 40th !! - I don't have a problem with 40th as it has helped me re-generate my personal collection but resent people trying to do you over !! (rant over).
Anyhow, when i am not selling to top up my pittance of income I take great pleasure in restoring Action Men from re-stringing to flocking - kinda keeps me busy and gives me a buzz to see one of the old boys stand up again, or hold his head high without fear of brittle neck elastic anymore !! - particularly enjoy giving the baldies a lease of life too - will hopefully get some pics uploaded soon if anybody wants a look. Crikey, i am 41 going on 8 again, happy days. Hope to get some advice and help off you Gents and will reciprocate if I can be of any use to anybody.

Again, thanks for welcoming Me.

I'm collecting all this VAM stuff for the kids future love, honest !

Retired    Retired   

#10 [url]

Aug 5 10 5:58 PM

HTML clipboardHTML clipboaHTML clipboardThats going to be one major reconstruction work, lets see the pics of the scaffolding HTML clipboard  HTML clipboard

Welcome to VAME  HTML clipboard

"It all started when Mike and I and Mitch were out on a mission in Supercar" Going in to my second childhood? No way! I never came out of the first! If Speedway was easy they would have called it Football. The Bees have the answers.

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Aug 5 10 6:37 PM

HTML clipboard

Had a cracked head in a job lot last year had great fun doing him up[image]
[image]
[image]

-tommygunn900

HTML clipboardWow thats one hell of a good job!

Love the 60's hippy collar LOL   HTML clipboard  HTML clipboard

"It all started when Mike and I and Mitch were out on a mission in Supercar" Going in to my second childhood? No way! I never came out of the first! If Speedway was easy they would have called it Football. The Bees have the answers.

Retired    Retired   

#13 [url]

Aug 5 10 6:50 PM

G00D work on that split head tommygunn - done a crackin job on that to be fair !! - no pressure for me now then ??

Have a look at this Atomic man head that was in a right mess when I got him, no eye, bald patches galore ! - had some new blonde flock i needed to try out so don't please have a pop at me !! - I got some brown back in stock now !

Click here to view the attachment

I'm collecting all this VAM stuff for the kids future love, honest !

Retired    Retired   

#14 [url]

Sep 26 10 2:24 PM

Just to say hi.
What can I say? I'm in my late thirties and have many fond memories of my action men in the 70's.... happy days, but where did it all go?
Anyhow, I have only found the little chap again in the past year or so.
It all started with a trip to portsmouth a while ago, when I saw the 40th sailor and thought "I had one of those!", bought it, got it home, put it away and forgot about him. A few months later, in a local shop, I spotted another 40th. This time a stormtrooper who was missing his grenades and thought "I had one of those!". I purchased him and thought I would try and find the grenades on line. That was it.. I was hooked! I had found that you could get all the vintage stuff as well!
I am looking forward to the Cheshunt fair next sunday- should be fun!!!!!

Retired    Retired   

#17 [url]

Nov 12 10 3:58 PM

Hello fellow collectors, I'm Scott. Sorry I haven’t introduced myself sooner; I joined a few months ago after coming across the site via an ebay auction and have only now got around to having a good look at it. Very impressed with it so far and it’s nice to read other peoples knowledge on the subject as I’ve so far only had guidebooks and old booklets to go on. I’ve been collecting for around ten years after finding Kevin Kings book in Waterstones and rekindling a childhood passion, I only had early eighties outfits as a boy and was surprised by how much came before.  At a guess I’ve amassed about a hundred complete troops but only have about half of them on display in the spare room or museum as my wife calls it. I’ll put some photos on here when I figure out what I’m doing so if there is anything in particular people would like to see I’ll take a photo if I have it in the collection.

Retired    Retired   

#20 [url]

Nov 12 10 4:40 PM

Thanks for the welcome I’ll take a few pictures of some of the stuff in cabinets when I’ve charged my Camera up. Where would be the best place to post them? I’m trying to figure out how to add a picture as my avatar if anyone can help?

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help