Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 10 09 11:42 PM

Tags : :

Even though I'm packing up the troops while I work on my study I don't want to pack away the 40th stuff I have just opened...so I've crammed it all into the cabinet in my office. It was definitely missing the last three footballers (that I hadn't gotten around to opening) so I thought I should do that and post some pictures grin

Click here to view the attachment
Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

Apr 11 09 8:37 AM

Hi Daren - Superb!!smile

Seeing all of the Footballers lined-up like that reminded me of the chat we had on Thursday.  I guess most of us have seen the thread about Newcastle, but what happened about Everton, Rangers and Aston Villa?  Were these ever planned?

Dave L

Retired    Retired   

#5 [url]

Apr 11 09 2:35 PM

Thanks chaps. I'm itching to get them out on display properly so I guess I should get on with sorting the study out grin

.... i can see why  NO one likes the painted heads  [image]

-dadsarmys71

We like the painted heads, it's the googly-eyed blue panters nobody likes (except Paul)devil

Retired    Retired   

#8 [url]

Sep 26 09 12:51 AM

The study is nearly ready........ I haven't been able to play action man erm I mean participate in our hobby  for a while but I have managed to update my 40th Marine Paratrooper - I swapped his combat soldier helmet for a GI Joe 40th Marine helmet. I can feel a 40th Beach-head assault coming on 

Retired    Retired   

#9 [url]

Oct 10 09 7:14 AM

That's a very nice collection you have there, M8! It looks like you have all the 2nd costumes displayed on alternate bodies. Which bodies are you using for that? Which soldier did you use to make the engineer?

Excellent work! I love the Green Beret and the mountaineers, some of my faves!

Retired    Retired   

#10 [url]

Oct 10 09 7:51 AM

Hi darren absolute brilliant mate,just admiring your footballers as iv just filled my boots at alan halls and moped up all the cheap footballer sets to complete the football 40th series.Iv not displayed them and after looking at yours mate i cant wait to rip those boxes apart!!

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Oct 10 09 8:18 AM

Well done mate looking good!

We like the painted heads, it the googly-eyed blue panters nobody likes (except Paul)[image]

-deeyem

I Only collect EE, your lifetime membership has been re-voked

Retired    Retired   

#13 [url]

Oct 10 09 10:54 AM

Thanks guys. 

... It looks like you have all the 2nd costumes displayed on alternate bodies. Which bodies are you using for that? Which soldier did you use to make the engineer?

-gold5

I've tried to keep the outfits on figures from the same era - the mountaineers are all bearded adventurers and the engineer is a painted head.

Excellent work! I love the Green Beret and the mountaineers, some of my faves!

-gold5

That gives me a good excuse to re-arrange the cabinet a bit and then take some close-up pics 

Hi darren absolute brilliant mate,just admiring your footballers as iv just filled my boots at alan halls and moped up all the cheap footballer sets to complete the football 40th series.Iv not displayed them and after looking at yours mate i cant wait to rip those boxes apart!!

-ebobs

Well done mate looking good! [image] 
I know the feeling  I've got some footballer stands to put the front row of figures on - I might just sort that out this weekend.[image] I Only collect EE

-trooper71

Oh. What have you done with your aqua MP then? 

[image]...your lifetime membership has been re-voked [image]

Ooh eck. Best I get the disguise box out again .....

Retired    Retired   

#17 [url]

Oct 15 09 4:55 PM

Seeing them displayed like that makes me a little tempted to de-card mine,but i just can't do it.Just packed them in the loft for a rainy day![image]

-logan5pris

I know what you mean. I just got around that by buying two of everything   

Retired    Retired   

#19 [url]

Oct 16 09 5:57 AM

WHICH IS WHICH?

-baz1

The 40th is the right hand one as you face the photo. I can tell because I only have the 40th one and the stitching on the original is different in the picture. Plus the 40th one has a more crisply ironed jacket collar. One of my favs!

Retired    Retired   
Retired

Retired

bbcode help