Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Dec 9 09 4:50 PM

What a bunch of AR@@H@@ES mate,just what you need when you have Christmas and the kids to think about! Employers using the current climate to wield power,becoming a common thing at moment,everyone is easy to replace and they know it!! To@@ers, sorry feel really strong with Iains troubles,many of my close friends are being treated very similar at the moment!

Retired    Retired   

#24 [url]

Dec 9 09 5:38 PM

My guess Iain , is they realised they couldn't do it legally  , it would have been constructive dismissal  - My advice now is get her to document everything that happened and in the future and take them to a tribunal if in the next few weeks they look to "manage" her out - which from knowing how it works I  think they will try to do . if you need any advice on this mate just PM me.      smile

Retired    Retired   

#25 [url]

Dec 9 09 5:43 PM

I see this kind of thing a lot. Makes me wonder how some companies stay in business 

... My advice now is get her to document everything that happened .. 

-actiontrooper

Yes, do exactly that (need a head-nodding vamecon). Keep copies of emails, any letters, make notes about conversations & phone calls, dates, times, the lot.

Retired    Retired   

#26 [url]

Dec 9 09 6:07 PM

I read in the Daily Mail quite a while ago that a lot of bosses have psychopathy.   The layman's idea of a psychopath is like the villain in that Dirty Harry movie where the bad guy hijacks a busful of school kids.   Not actually true, that's the extreme end of the wedge and not at all typical of most psychopaths.   
      Psychopathy is basically a lack of the ability to empathise and feel pity or be compassionate and caring.    It can help contribute to a successful business mind because these bosses are ruthless people.   That may or may not be the case here,  it sure does sound like it, though.    You do get some right hard-bitten, horrible people in management or amongest ambitious people trying to get up there.    
      I had a boss about 20 years ago who sacked a girl who was pregnant.   She went home in the lunch-hour,  started bleeding and fainted,  she didn't return that afternoon so he sacked her.    I'm sure he was a psychopath.   He was also a successful, self-made businessman, he had built the business up from nothing.   He was also an ex-Royal Marine Commando and had a black belt in full-contact karate.   He was the sort of guy who didn't take excuses and he wasn't the nicest person you could meet, but everyone had deep respect for him for his achievements.    

Retired    Retired   

#27 [url]

Dec 9 09 6:24 PM

This is so way

However I am all for equal rights blah blah blah but I also run a successful business where I employ staff. I lost 2 big contracts this year because the business' went under which left me over staffed and I had to let someone go as simply as that, I did not get where I am giving away free meal tickets, there was not enough work and I know Christmas is around the corner but "Goodbye" sorry guys but feeding my family comes first always 2 sides of the coin. and I'm an ex Royal Marine not that that has any bearing on it

Retired    Retired   

#29 [url]

Dec 9 09 8:42 PM

Sorry to hear your news dads hope it picks up for you,

if its any consolation not only am i walked all over at work but colleagues ride their bikes over me...im not an ex royal marine but i am a cycle-path.grin

Retired    Retired   

#30 [url]

Dec 9 09 8:48 PM

OK people I have down for a Calendar are:

T71
Daren
Tim
Nick
Dan
Adam
Geoff
James (Action Trooper)
Daz
Lee

They will be going to print in the next day or two, if you want one you need to stick your name down now because it will be to late soon. I also need the date of births from:

Tim
Action Trooper
Lee

So can those people PM me please.

Thanks
James

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#34 [url]

Dec 9 09 10:39 PM

Psychopathy is basically a lack of the ability to empathise and feel pity or be compassionate and caring.   

-crocodilomuncho

Im getting some personal connection with that statementsurprise......especially towards criminals and those who merely scrounge and think the world owes them a living!

Retired    Retired   

#35 [url]

Dec 10 09 12:08 AM

hi  guys LOL .. cheers for the advice .. as the mrs  now feels they can go a flock a sporren .she looking for another job .stay their and keep em sweet till she does get anotherjob then she off. and she just going to do the work she paid for . not working on for free not bringing files home and doing them for free .. no going out and about to diffrent place for them for free ..  .. she as told in april she get a pay rise  never happend .if we have any spare cash we give you a pay rise .yeaa right  the 2 directors got new cars (not company cars )and one just come off a month's world cruise.. so they are not short of cash .. just taking the pee.. well the mrs has wiped the MUG of her forehead she not going to let them push her about .. what they have done has opened her eyes to what they been doing to her ..also she's keeping all the info on what they do to her and say .. ..and she had tuesday off and she found out to day of some of her real freinds in her work place that the 2 dickector's were running about tuesday like nutter's trying to sort stuff out .. also she is the best thing that has happend to her work place .. as she just passed he ....I.V...award (which she should get a pay rise for to start with ) .. the recommended time to get the iv award is 2 years  the mrs done it in 6 month's..she passed with.!! merit!!! .. so i keep you posted LOL .. and mr AT thanks if she does i'll PM you right away . grin..and gov ..but the guys or guy you laid off .. i bet they were not your best workers.. also you dident say !!! ok im taking you of the top job in your company (your right hand man )and say right  take the day off and let me know if you want to stay as the lowest paid worker im the firm  and then say to them the next day after they come in you office and  i take the lowest paid job you have for me never mind i worked my butt off for you and worked my way up to your right hand man .. for them to say .. !!just take this as a row and do you want to stay on as my right hand man !!!

she wasnt asking for a free meal ticket!!   just treated with a bit of respect ..dignity.. just like the way she has been doing to them .. and this is the way they treat her ..

Retired    Retired   

#37 [url]

Dec 10 09 3:27 PM

Up to 11, way to go guys!  Come on the rest, this is a one-off opportunity to have a stunning VAME 2010 calendar on the wall.  Unlike the other items which we are seeking to hold a small stock, I believe we are only having enough calendars made for those who order them

Retired    Retired   

#39 [url]

Dec 10 09 3:43 PM

I assumed he was in the list already. No, I didn't read it, I just copied and pasted it.  Sorry Mike 

T71
Daren
Tim
Nick
Dan (thecoat)
Adam
Geoff
James (Action Trooper)
Daz
Lee
Mike 
Dave L (Brit) 

Retired    Retired   

#40 [url]

Dec 10 09 3:46 PM

The calendar is now at the printer's for them to check. Hopefully I will be getting a proof back soon to give it a final check. I don't know if I can add any more birthdays at this point but if I can, I will.

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help