Remove this ad

#25 [url]

Aug 30 10 1:31 PM

COOL !,
 I always wondered who made the cap with the silver wings printed on it,
 I have one of those somewhere too,
 Are  there any tags on the jumper ?   I dont know if mintex ever labeled their clothing.

Retired    Retired   

#36 [url]

Feb 12 11 6:49 PM

hi i thought id add to the mintex knock /off catagory
this stuff ive amassed over the years some brought recently in job lots and some ive owned as a kid 
 i no what firms made the figures, but im not sure if the uniforms relate to the figures ,some are dressed as i got them  but  most of it is my own kitbashing
the zodiac talker,s denison was brought new in the seventies when we were on holiday,at some seaside resort , it came with a plastic red beret in a clear plastic bag .on 1 of those rotating racks full of knock off  plastic cheepo toys that you used to see
 the mintex doll wearing the green soldier jumper[not vam ] has a black beret with an upside down badge, the slr with the para is very similar to a vam 1 but  [along with the beret ]its stamped hk
most of the bits and pieces have paper hong kong tags or british empire made and are of good quality
 ive no real knowlege on knock offs ,but i sort of like them as they are still  part of my childhood so if any one can tie anything pictured here especialy the broken b a r  to a particular maker that would be helpfull

Click here to view the attachment

Retired    Retired   

#38 [url]

Feb 13 11 6:17 PM

hi v8 mikey good to talk
the johnny combat figure is my fave [i had to buy most of the others to get that as it was in a job lot  ]i had loads as a kid i dont think any lasted more than a few days, 
,ive been after an unbroken bar too ,do you know what set its from,im not sure where mine  came from but its always been around from when i was a kid [early seventies] ,  i always assumed it was vam, untill i got into collecting and read all the books cheers t

Retired    Retired   

#39 [url]

Feb 13 11 9:20 PM

ive been after an unbroken bar too ,do you know what set its from,im not sure where mine  came from but its always been around from when i was a kid [early seventies] ,  i always assumed it was vam, untill i got into collecting and read all the books cheers

-olio

Olio

The BAR is a knock-off that was produced at various times.  There is a bipod for that rifle too.  It came in a hard plastic with detailing equal to Hasbro but as the years passed it was produced in the softer plastic.  I've had numerous intact, early version BAR's and sold them on.  I've got a packaged late version buried in my stuff.  Within the next year I'll have my JoeRoom set up and photos of all the items I've got. 
It looks like you've got some Geyperman items -- the blue pants and red parka as well as odds and ends of other stuff -- they were repackaged in the mid 1980's and sold in the UK.  Your Fighting Yanks are the first generation (1966) and were only produced for that year.  That was the first Summer that I had GI Joe and I bought numerous knock-off sets.  FY produced some really nice stuff and I suspect that they either used Hasbro molds or bought clear outs from Japanese factories when Hasbro moved to full time Hong Kong production in 1966.  I pulled some Hasbro marked items off Fighting Yank cards that year.  I still have them or have since found mint specimens.
This was a trade ad from late 1966 and I remember the sets on the shelves.  
There were also first generation small carded items similar to the photos I posted earlier in this thread...
At this point they were already into the second generation of some uniforms (the ski trooper uniform was a 2 piece similar to Hasbro's but soon became a 1 piece).  You can see some of the uniforms in my previous pictures earlier in this thread.  

Retired    Retired   

#40 [url]

Feb 14 11 1:29 AM

hi adventurer
excellent post , it was trying to research my little knock off collection that led me to this forum in the first place i,ll give my fighting yank figures a bit more respect now i no they were only made in 1966 [the year i was born ] the head scripts are a bit scary though, no wonder they changed  them ,
  judging by the trade leaflet of what they produced they must be the ultimate knock off from a us gi joe perspective "love the why pay more aspect " ive  enjoyed looking at your pics /other pics on this thread as its all more or less new ground ,from a knowlege /collecting point of view.  it will be good to see more ,
thanks  for the imput on the bar i didnt no it came with a bi pod
cheers t

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help