Remove this ad

Lead

Nov 12 11 10:21 PM

Tags : :

Following the runaway success of the 1st VAME Meet earlier this year (http://vame.lefora.com/2011/04/23/1st-vame-annual-meet-11th-june-2011)  I’m pleased to announce that we have arranged to hold a 2nd VAME meet on the morning of Saturday 9th June 2012 in the village of Quorn near Loughborough.

As before, it is for Vintage Action Man Enthusiasts who want to buy/sell/swap vintage Action Man figures and accessories, show off their treasures and customs, or just have a chat.  The date, time and location are chosen to make it easy to combine with a visit to the excellent WWII weekend held every year at the Great Central steam railway nearby.

Plans are afoot to make this even bigger and better than the 1st VAME Meet and, believe it or not, entry is still free!

Further details will follow nearer the time, but for now, make a note of the date in your diaries and calendars and don’t miss out on the event for Vintage Action Man Enthusiasts in 2012!

Time and Place

Saturday 9th June 2012, 10am - 1pm in Quorn village hall:

http://www.quorndon.com/parishcouncil/quorn_village_hall.php

If you would like to take a table to sell or display, please send me a PM.

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Nov 15 11 8:55 PM

I now have to decide if I should come to the show or go and see the reformed Black Sabbath at the Download festival. Why do great events always have to clash? [image]

-flockhead

Why not do both?  Download is just up the road and don't tell me Black Sabbath are playing on a Saturday morning!

Retired    Retired   

#8 [url]

Nov 16 11 12:57 AM

I have seen Sabbath live and the orginal line up - they were very good. Ozzy Osbourne had to have song sheets as a guide, as he couldn't remember all the words he was that gone. Mind you he could remember all the words of the top of his head for 'Paranoid'.  grin

As main eventers Black Sabbath, will be on no earlier than 7-8pm, so there is still plenty of time to get to the VAME meet. 

Retired    Retired   

#9 [url]

Nov 16 11 1:16 AM

It's not just the VAME meet, I really fancy the WW2 weekend too as does my wife. I priced up doing both earlier. It didn't look good:

2 festival tickets = £300 + fees.
2 nights in a hotel (this postman's back is no longer suitable for hard ground) = £150 - £200.
Petrol,parking, tolls etc - at least £40
Beer and Food £? but usually my weakness
Money for Action man purchases £100+

That's going to add up to a minimum of £700. The only other band that has been confirmed is Metallica who I'd also love to see. Even if I missed the VAME meet and cut out the spending money for that I'd still be about £500 short of what I can afford to spend in a weekend. I think I better hope they play Cardiff.

I'll see what I can do.

Retired    Retired   

#10 [url]

Nov 16 11 8:54 AM

Well at least entry to the VAME Meet will be free! 

You could take a table and hope to make some sales towards the cost?

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Nov 16 11 7:07 PM

even  if you want to pop along with me  m8 and share the costs of the petrol there smile.. even more cash for you    LOL.. as if i do take some of my new custooms i wont be filling the car again  LOL. grin...

Retired    Retired   

#12 [url]

Nov 17 11 6:35 PM

Mike, I will put the date in my diary and try to get Brian Turner and some others to come along. Here's hoping Tony's film is approved and out by then. Have all you heavy metal guys been to see the very good exhibition at Birmingham Art Gallery. I was there in summer and there was talk of a permanent one.
Bob

Retired    Retired   

#16 [url]

Feb 27 12 12:24 AM

That's great, Tony, thanks for reminding me.  Suddenly, 9th June doesn't seem so far away after all...

So that's me, Dave (bltn) and Tony taking tables.  If anyone else is interested, please send me a PM and I'll start a list.

Retired    Retired   

#19 [url]

Mar 26 12 9:38 PM

OK Andy, you're in!  The list so far:

MrAction (Mike) - 1960s VAM display and sales

bltn (Dave) – Tommy Gunn display.  VAM and Tommy Gunn for sale

zulu1 (Tony) – Custom vehicles display & spares  for sale

Sierra1 (Vaughan) – prototypes and customs on display

Salbal (Sally) – VAM spares for sale

action_mat (Mat) – customs

Tjm160 (Tim) – customs and spares for sale

Deeyem (Daren) - VAM, GI Joe, Action Team (and possibly some 40th)

para1974 (Andy) - display of later cards and spares for sale

Plus Leicestershire Museums display again and hopefully Bob Brechin too.

9th June doesn't seem so far off now!

Retired    Retired   

#20 [url]

Mar 27 12 5:05 PM

Ooh Im gonna start saving some moneygrin

smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast!!!

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help