Remove this ad

#181 [url]

Jun 10 12 4:15 PM

Looks like a great day guys any chance the next one could be in Dewsbury my home town lol... Those are some excellent shots Daren makes me want more VAM.... Thanks for sharing the pics of the day..

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#182 [url]

Jun 10 12 5:00 PM

Thanks for setting them all up Vaughan. I know how long it can take to get one figure posed correctly, especially when they are wearing gloves! For the next show, I'll have to bring some plain cloth that we can put behind all of the custom figures to show them off better.

Tim, when you photograph Vaughan's work, let me know if you want an assistant - I can carry your camera bag and hold a refelector 

Ah Jason you should have been there. Between Vaughan's, Tim's and Tony's tables I had a real feeling of 'If only Palitoy had carried on ...".  

Retired    Retired   

#183 [url]

Jun 10 12 5:20 PM

Daren, when we do start to photograph, you're more than welcome to come over. I had new white table cloths in the car yesterday, but like a fool, I'd packed on them! But luckily, the tables were like new so we didn't really need them. But we could have used them for photographs.
Justan update on the prototype Arab I had on display yesterday. After Bob had finished with the hussar, he was stunned by the Arab and took photographs as he's still in contact with Dave Barnacle who did the artwork for the packaging and the particular Arab sketch in the dossier book. He was sending him pictures entitled 'Your sketch finally made it in real life'. Ill let you know his reply when I get it.

Retired    Retired   

#184 [url]

Jun 10 12 5:58 PM

Repeat performance next year Mike?
-salbal

Yes, I hope so Sal.  probably same time (weekend in mid-June to coincide with the WW2 event) and same place.  I was really pleased with this year's venue.  The parking was loads better, there was more room inside and it wasn't too expensive either. 

Looks like a great day guys any chance the next one could be in Dewsbury my home town lol...
-paintedhead123

Sorry, Jason, this venue worked really well, so next year I think we'll use it again.  It's not possible to be convenient for everyone, but at least a Midlands venue is reasonably central.  If Tom can get here from Belgium and Daz from Ireland, Dewsbury doesn't seem so far after all. 

Retired    Retired   

#185 [url]

Jun 10 12 6:57 PM

Daren, when we do start to photograph, you're more than welcome to come over. .....

-sierra1

I didn't mean to invite myself over   but thank you 

.... After Bob had finished with the hussar, he was stunned by the Arab and took photographs as he's still in contact with Dave Barnacle who did the artwork for the packaging and the particular Arab sketch in the dossier book. He was sending him pictures entitled 'Your sketch finally made it in real life'. Ill let you know his reply when I get it.

-sierra1

Brilliant Vaughan! How fantastic that Dave might get to see his design come 'to life'! 

In case anyone hasn't seen them here are some designs for sets that Palitoy were thinking of making: 

Retired    Retired   

#186 [url]

Jun 10 12 7:13 PM

And Vaughan's next challenge is the Italian wink 

A Daren/Tim team effort is definitely the way to go smile

My pics coming shortly (just exporting to JPEG now), please just excuse the graininess, I upped the ISO to 1600 to help keep the shutter speed down and therefore risk of blurring the shots.

Retired    Retired   

#187 [url]

Jun 10 12 7:30 PM

It was worth a try Mike.. I will try to get down to the next one looked like a great day and would have been nice to meet you along with the other members.

There seems to be a lack of 60s stuff was there much there...

Jason

Retired    Retired   

#188 [url]

Jun 10 12 7:33 PM

First of all, dont be silly Daren, you are more than welcome.

Tim thats a GREAT idea i am up for that if you two guys want to do the pics 50/50 thats ok with me .

And i will take you up on the challenge Tim, the Italian will be a piece of cake compared to the others i did lol.

Retired    Retired   

#189 [url]

Jun 10 12 7:57 PM

There seems to be a lack of 60s stuff was there much there...
-paintedhead123

Yes, there was plenty of 1960s stuff Jason.  My stall had not much else, to be honest.  The painted head figures both boxed and loose sold well as did the SOTC and other early 1960s outfits and accessories.  Most of the others had a mix of 1960s and later bits and pieces including GI Joe on Daren's stall.

Retired    Retired   

#190 [url]

Jun 10 12 7:59 PM

Sorry I didn't get shots of everyone.  I was enjoying the conversations so much I didn't manage to get the camera out until the end.

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#192 [url]

Jun 10 12 8:14 PM

Tim those are fantastic images of VAME day. The customs were incredible. I came away with so many different ideas because of them. By far too many good ones to pick a favourite. It was a great day & I was so very pleased to meet you all. Roll on the next one. Thank you once again for my few purchases. It was a pleasure dealing with you sir. wink

Retired    Retired   

#193 [url]

Jun 10 12 8:21 PM

cant really add to what has already been said - was a fantastic day - got to meet some Vammers - a real friendly bunch - Andy Daz*2 Ade Vaughan Tony Dave Phil -  and always good to put faces to names -

loads of high points - the late 70's carded collections of Andy, the Tommy Gunns collection of Dave, Tims Falklands figures all lined up, and the fantastic customs from Tony & Vaughan - still dont know how Vaughan managed that shouting major even after he explained the process in great detail, and Tonys scratch built camel also blew my mind -

spent more that I should but got some great items to help complete my SOTW collection - even bagged a couple of medals - will get some photos in a day or two on my 'my pictures page'

Thanks again to Mike for organising and all the contributors / sellers who made it a day to remember

Roll on 2013!

Cheers

Paul.

Retired    Retired   

#194 [url]

Jun 10 12 8:29 PM

Sorry I didn't get shots of everyone.  I was enjoying the conversations so much I didn't manage to get the camera out until the end.

-tjm160

didnt really want to be captured on film but in hindsight I'm glad you got a couple of shots with me in, if only to prove to my wife that i did really drive 100 miles to the event and I wasnt with my other woman!

great set of photos Tim - knew you wouldn't let us down ;-)

Retired    Retired   

#199 [url]

Jun 11 12 1:52 PM

Thanks one and all for the great photos of the day, looks as though it was a real eye opener!  Mikey maybe we should organise a VAME day Aus style!  Just need to figure out where would be the best spot geographically beneficial to all the Aus members!  I am moving to Brisbane later this year, how about the Gold Coast?  Any suggestions.

Maybe we should start a post asking all Aus members to check in and let us know where they are so we can get a feel to what we have down here.

Seriously though its worth a thought or two!

Retired    Retired   

#200 [url]

Jun 11 12 1:57 PM

If you chaps make Australia VAME day somewhere around Syndey and next year or possibly the year after, I'll join you (we have close friends in Sydney and are planning a trip next year or year after) wink

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help