Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 12 12 10:23 PM

Tags : :

Recently purchased a scorpion off e-bay, all intact (even down to the co-axial machine gun) bar the flags (purchased from actiongary this week - top supplier by the way!). It appears to be different to action man scorpions featured on this site and in action man catalogues. Will have to post pics but, the hull has different/more detailed mouldings, as does the turret, which has an indent for the geyper man logo( still attached). Also all the wheels have silver plastic hexagonal nut mouldings as opposed to plain round metal (though scorpions in equipment manuals show these?). Will post pics this weekend. Is it a rarity? I rather like it a lot! Can anybody confirm?

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Jan 12 12 11:33 PM

Yes this one does along with a small perforated dome (front, between the two turret hatches) and two extra mouldings near each flag/aerial mount. Also has a equipment locker/box moulding on the drivers side of the hull. Any more info obviously welcome. Pics this weekend.....DOH!.... Having trawled the net it appears I have answered my own question....... it appears it is a Geyper Man Scorpion the 'rare 3 hatcher'  ...Mint ...  If only I had the box! ....I still wouldn't sell it!

Retired    Retired   

#6 [url]

Jan 13 12 8:03 PM

Well done Andy, the GM version is a cracking and highly desirable variant.  I'd given up hope of obtaining one, until one came up on BIN a few weeks ago for £30 + £8 postage.  Suffice to say I snapped up rather quickly.  Mine is missing the small (machine) gun next to the main gun, but at the price I wasn't going to quibble, especially since the rest is in pretty good shape.  However, it sounds like you've acquired an even better buy, hearty congrats fella!  Here are a few quick pics if it helps to put into context for the other readers of this thread:

Retired    Retired   

#8 [url]

Jan 13 12 8:44 PM

Thanks tjm160 that is the tank that I bought off the bay just before Christmas for £28 (collection only, thankfully just one junction round the M25). The coaxial machine gun is present and oddly enough a broken aerial remnant was present exactly as in your photo. Will post pics with its new aerials this weekend. Thanks for all the info chaps.

Retired    Retired   

#10 [url]

Jan 14 12 1:53 PM

Some photos. I suppose the Geyper man logo on the side of the turret is a bit of a give away really.

Now all I need to know is where to put the Blues and Royals crests supplied by the excellent actiongary.

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Jan 14 12 2:04 PM

Thanks, the only small problem with it is a slight inward bend on the last rear axle, which I suppose I could try straighten. I suppose it would mean removing the turret to do that, any tips on turret removal welcomed. It doesn't effect the tank on display but, effects tracks when rolling, causing a tendency to shed them!  I know one regimental crest goes on the top of the hull near the drivers hatch but, where does the other go? Thanks again for all the info.

Retired    Retired   

#15 [url]

Jan 14 12 2:54 PM

There are the odd items that Geyper Man and other foreign makers did much better than Palitoy.    I had no idea there was a Geyper Scorpion,  it's certainly superior to the Action Man version.   Nice piece to own.

Retired    Retired   

#19 [url]

Jan 14 12 6:12 PM

Thanks captain zero, that is perfect (think I put the light stickers on the wrong way tho!)  Thankfully have spare ones, thanks to actiongary again!

-andyiwesterman

Glad you have spares!

Retired    Retired   

#20 [url]

Jan 14 12 7:27 PM

Thanks captain zero, that is perfect (think I put the light stickers on the wrong way tho!)  Thankfully have spare ones, thanks to actiongary again!

-andyiwesterman

actiongary didn't supply the crest badge decal though did he? I asked him and he just said it was the blue/red one and the 'Action Man Transport command' one???

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help