Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 29 12 11:30 AM

Tags : :

Thought it best to post this here too as its more accessible!

Bit of info on the origins of Tom Stone, apparently he was based on a character from the Wild Geese! The 1st box art is very similar to Jesse Blake.

John Kani played 'Jesse Blake' a mercenary who had previously served with Faulkner and was struggling to live before the chance to work with Faulkner again. Palitoy based the Figure 'Tom Stone' (part of the Action Man team) on 'Jesse Blake' after looking at the Pre-Production photos and Posters of the film. Subsequently some modifications to the figure 

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Mar 18 12 4:24 AM

hi tom stone is differnt to a US joe the cots arm kits are made for the A team muscle joes US you have to modify the inside of toms chest next to arm sockets 

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Mar 18 12 11:10 AM

without unpacking my Tom Stone or any muscle Joes for a refresher reference I hadnt thought there was a difference in design Shaz-ones ?????

show some pics of what you are refering to.

Retired    Retired   

#8 [url]

Apr 7 12 6:14 PM

Another bit of trivia the name Tom Stone appears to have been taken from the Action Team range in Germany where all the figures had names, the bearded white figure was called "Hard Rock", the unbearded white figure was "John Steel" and "Tom Stone" was the same as he was in the Action Man Team.

[image] Great idea Mat!Well thats what he wore in the film. Perhaps he had passed the AACC & also a Para?  

-captain-zero

The beret colours in the film were to distinguish between the Officers and Other Ranks with each man wearing the cap badge of their previous unit except Peter Coetzee who despite being a South African was wearing a British Para cap badge. All the Mercs wore Guards Khaki Berets, rather than Bootneck Green, except the officers who wore Maroon (Para) Berets so I'm guessing that the Bootneck Green beret was used as being the closest already available item to that worn in the film?

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help