Feb 22 12 10:58 PM

Tags : :

does anyone know how to tell them apart

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

Feb 25 12 6:07 PM

At the risk of stating the obvious, and slightly off track from the original question, it is worth noting that there were a lot of reproduction bits (particularly bayonets) made and sold long before the 40th stuff was released. I rather suspect that a lot of my bayonets will probably turn out to be pre-40th repros.     I can even remember finding some that looked "spot-on" but were actually made from metal.

Retired    Retired   

#7 [url]

Feb 25 12 9:09 PM

Well the "vintage" one above is certainly vintage as it's from my childhood US Para smile

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#10 [url]

Feb 25 12 10:55 PM

My early ones are pointed Tim.  Probably only the later ones were rounded.  The Indian Brave one is more rounded too, but doesn't have the hole either.

-mraction

I think the Indian Brave one should be the same as the US Machine Gunner and Book Card US Paratrooper. The ones without holes I'm pretty sure are repro. I have a few of them myself.

Retired    Retired   

#13 [url]

Feb 26 12 3:25 PM

And remember guys and girls there some Johnny combat ones that have made it into people's collections they look very good to the eye but there more flexible and can easily be put in with action man lots especially on eBay as I for one have been caught out more than once

Retired    Retired   

#14 [url]

Mar 20 12 11:22 PM

I'm glad you posted these: now I'm doubly looking forward to the Action Man sets I just ordered. The 40th bayonet we got with Joe here in the states was a shapless soft plastic blob. Somebody afraid of getting sued, or some ridiculous law designed to protect us from ourselves, no doubt, since they were technically classified as toys.

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help