Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Aug 31 12 2:46 AM

Do we know why they stopped producing them? A good thing in my eyes, just seems odd to put so much effort in and pull the plug?

-vintageam75

Due to the way they were done I wish it was pulled much sooner. Infact not done at all. A great idea and initially very exciting but sadly poorly executed.  It has immensely infected the vintage market. 

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Aug 31 12 8:52 AM

I swapped Alan a carded Royal Marine Combat (late camo issue) which he planned to do as part of wave 15, I understand including the Internationals Sets and several other highly desirables.  However, doing so would have meant extending the licence from Hasbro (vastly expensive).  Production costs had also risen dramatically over the 2-years of production and Alan clearly did not believe collectors would pay more than £35 a set.  He mentioned it all depended on negotiations, which as wave 15 didn't happen, clearly didn't go well.

Retired    Retired   

#23 [url]

Aug 31 12 12:12 PM

Due to the way they were done I wish it was pulled much sooner. Infact not done at all. A great idea and initially very exciting but sadly poorly executed.  It has immensely infected the vintage market. 

-v8mikey

I agree a bad thing it being done in the first place. Makes sense on the costs. I know costs have gone up in far east in recent years and exchange rates etc play a big part.

Retired    Retired   

#24 [url]

Aug 31 12 10:22 PM

I have convinced myself there's a little factory somewhere still making them. wink

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#27 [url]

Oct 4 13 8:38 PM

Since my AM collecting is limited to the Anniversary stuff I've found these lists very helpful. Thanks for making them.

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help