Remove this ad

#21 [url]

May 25 12 9:19 PM

Great photos I like the Aussie jungle uniform but i am not keen on the flame thrower,  would have been great though if they worked,  MUM!! i set fire to my bedroom again.grin

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#23 [url]

May 26 12 1:08 AM

Remembering the frustration of hard hands!!! How did NG Taylor get his figures to hold anything? Really like this outfit. When I started collecting again I decided to only get the figures I had as a child, this uniform together with my wives encouragement, (it's her favourite from the NG Taylor book) helped me change that decision.

Now just need to restore the Order of Lenin ribbon.

Retired    Retired   

#24 [url]

May 26 12 9:40 AM

Nice Russian and Aussie too.    The hard hands do have a lot to answer for - many a broken trigger and/or trigger guard for a start, not to mention all the psychological damage to frustrated 1960s kids!  I wouldn't change a thing though. 

I've made colour copies of the Russian medal ribbon from an original onto photo paper which works fairly well.  If you're stuck for an original let me know and I'll make one for you.

Retired    Retired   

#25 [url]

May 26 12 9:59 AM

Mark , again a nice picture. I like the Russian & I have one here also with a darker uniform than the usual than slack also spoke of. I notice the ammo box is missing it's lid..........If you don't have one Mark pm where to send , just for the cost of the postage & I will send you out a complete one as I have a few here. I will get back to you , just off out today.

Retired    Retired   

#26 [url]

May 26 12 10:45 AM

Painted Heads and hard Hands....,

maybe the commando jacket is an 'Secret Mission to Dragon Island' set, but the pockets look diagonal and not straight?.... all my commandos have the zips, some open completely and some are fixed at the base...... so can't help on the ID but there will be some VAMEr who'll know..... I also am sure that in times of zip shortages... they'd just popper-on at the factory till the zips arrived.. it's probably as simple as that...

and the Aussie is an absolute classic... got a couple and they are epic...

Jungle Explorer is a great uniform... in fact all the early uniforms are awesome in my book... 

you can't go wrong with the early stuff......

:) Slack

Click here to view the attachment
Click here to view the attachment

Retired    Retired   

#29 [url]

May 26 12 4:33 PM

Thanks Tim. Means a lot coming from you!! Only used my iPhone as my camera is in a box somewhere?! Your figures look great Slack. Have you collected the Sky Hawk yet. Can't wait to hear about it.

Mark

Retired    Retired   

#34 [url]

May 27 12 8:30 PM

Here's my Brit infantry. This was probably my favourite uniform as a kid.  This one was made up of spares and is far from perfect. I need the conecting pipe between the canisters on the gas mask and the string on gas mask bag. I'll get round to restoring the ribbon soon. Loved the Bren Gun too.

Brit2

Felt very odd outside with a Snow CAT and Arctic Royal Marine. The Snow CAT ismy favourite vehicle, My brother took me to a toy shop Christmas 1980, I was 10 years old. He said choose whatever you want!!! Straight away I chose the Snow CAT. One day I'll get a boxed one, (love the art work). In the meantime I'm desperate for a windscreen!!!!

Retired    Retired   

#36 [url]

May 27 12 9:06 PM

Mark liking the pics again alot ! Notice the BI has his ammo box ld so my lips are sealed lol. I love the Artic marine.........Have one here on display. They sooooooo look the business & with his snow cat too...............Just need the snow Mark & some corkers would be on the cards ! Great upload.  

Retired    Retired   

#37 [url]

May 27 12 10:20 PM

Thought about turning the Snow CAT - Arctic Marine shots into a homage to The Goodies. As our newly adopted cat seems to have taken a liking to my VAM. Thanks Ade, think snow is along way off, though you never quite know with the British weather!!! Thanks to you too Actionman2272 is that Dal?

Mark

Retired    Retired   

#40 [url]

Jun 1 12 5:56 PM

Had great fun this afternoon with my troops...

One of my Gi Janes and my Para. I like the red of the Tommy Gun Beret.

My Talking Commander and childhood Tom Stone on my 'rare' motorbike, also from my childhood

Thanks for looking

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help