Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Feb 17 09 6:23 AM

Hi There,
I'm Ryan live in Australia collect action Figures,I have just recently bought a re-issue SAS Actionman set which has made me want more,When  I was younger during the 80's was AM's hayday for me in Australia I had quite alot of stuff,during high school my VAM were transformed into KISS dolls and most suits were given to my cousin,A couple of years ago I came across a book which was cheap so I picked it up and Booya my Action Man thrist began(All Over again),Tried to pick up some VAM stuff from Ebay but was always quite expensive to get it to Australia so I bought very little.Then to my delight I found the 40th reissues that were affordable,,Then this forum with a whole community of AM fans to talk with.
So Thanks for rekindling my love for Action Man,And hope to chat with alot of you soon
Cheers
Ryan
ps:I also collect all types of Action figures from the 80's to Now. pps: Also have posted this intro on another VAM forum if it sound familar.But found this one today through an ebay seller :)

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#43 [url]

Feb 17 09 9:03 AM

Oops, looks like I posted my introduction in the wrong place (it's on this forum but under its own heading).  That's a good start.  Not only a newboy but an incompetant one.  I've re pasted it below.
As the newest member to your site I thought I should say hello to you all.  Some of you I have bought items from on Ebay.  I'm not sure if I class as an avid collector.  My main focus is to complete sets I had in the 70's and add a few choice pieces I always wanted but never had.  On this note I am trying to complete an SAS secret mission pod.  I need an unbroken black SA80 rifle, the tip is broken on mine.  I have the attached scope and strap on mine so really onlly need the riffle but will take a complete one if one is available.  I don't expect any favours and am willing to pay sensible money.  I also require the anchor for the boat (with attached string if possible), and a pulley thing with the SAS sticker on (again I have it but no SAS sticker is on mine).  If anyone is able to help it would be much appreciated in the meantime I will continue to search on Ebay.  Thanks  Darren  

Retired    Retired   

#45 [url]

Feb 17 09 9:20 AM

Hi Darren, Welcome to VAME. One of the members may have what you need Geoff is our SAS collector and 9 times out of 10 has a good selection of loose spares, I am sure he will post a reply if he can help, in the mean time I hope you enjoy the site.

Retired    Retired   

#46 [url]

Feb 17 09 9:23 AM

Hi There,I'm Ryan live in Australia collect action Figures,I have just recently bought a re-issue SAS Actionman set which has made me want more,When  I was younger during the 80's was AM's hayday for me in Australia I had quite alot of stuff,during high school my VAM were transformed into KISS dolls and most suits were given to my cousin,A couple of years ago I came across a book which was cheap so I picked it up and Booya my Action Man thrist began(All Over again),Tried to pick up some VAM stuff from Ebay but was always quite expensive to get it to Australia so I bought very little.Then to my delight I found the 40th reissues that were affordable[image],,Then this forum with a whole community of AM fans to talk with.So Thanks for rekindling my love for Action Man,And hope to chat with alot of you soonCheersRyanps:I also collect all types of Action figures from the 80's to Now. pps: Also have posted this intro on another VAM forum if it sound familar.But found this one today through an ebay seller :)

-actionryan

Hi Ryan, Another member from OZ,thats great. enjoy the site and welcome to VAME

Retired    Retired   

#49 [url]

Feb 17 09 9:40 AM

Thanks, I'll look out for any replies.  I must say some of the banter and photo's on this site has had me in stiches.  Most refreshing. 

-darren1970

Hi Mate, yes we're all a bit mad                            grin , breaks up the monotonity of being 'old', you can be a kid again on here.  

Retired    Retired   

#50 [url]

May 10 09 4:43 PM

grinHi all

I am a newbie who has 'missed the boat' a bit on the 40th collections !

I first saw the 40th in Model Zone in liverpool about 3 months ago.up until then I had no idea that they had been re-released and seeing the little guys again after at least 25 years made me think "hmmm I'll just buy the one for my new born son" !! That was five 'little guys' ago!!

I was lucky enough to buy my first VAM the other day - an EE commando which was a bit of a bargain (I'm sure the seller must be a member here - so apologies ).I think his head eleastic has been replaced with knicker elastic as he violently headbutts everything if you pull his head back !! Fortunately,I think its hilarious!

Anyway,this is a great site so well done and I apologise if I start asking questions that have been answered a million times before!

Cheers all

Kev

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#53 [url]

May 10 09 5:40 PM

Hi Kev

Welcome aboard!

Don't be afraid to ask questions, it keeps the boards buzzing. We especially like ones that have been asked before 'cos then we can answer them  grin

Cheers

Daren

Retired    Retired   

#56 [url]

May 10 09 7:42 PM

Hiya Kev

Warm Welcome - Now that you've started on the VAM route . make sure you have a big wallet or like me a nice friendly  Bank Manager. - expensive bur very reawarding hobby   wink

post some picces too!!

Get STUCK IN

Retired    Retired   

#59 [url]

Jun 16 09 4:07 PM

Hi my name is Seth, i have found this site simply by going to ebay to try and see if i could get my hands on some of the Action Man toys i used to have when i was a kid!
it is absolutely amazing to find out i'm not the only one, lets just hope i can get my collection up and running! i used to have all the clothes, the talking commander and soldiers, tanks, helicopters and even the submarine!! hah i used to get them all kitted up and go into the garden using it as a jungle! grass in the string on the helmets. one thing i havent found is the jeep i used to have...well not in the condition i kept mine in. it had the jerry cans and the shovels with the netting to go over the bonnet and the great big machine gun on the back!! i wish i never let all my stuff go but here's to getting my childhood back!!

Retired    Retired   

#60 [url]

Jun 16 09 5:15 PM

Hi my name is Seth, i have found this site simply by going to ebay to try and see if i could get my hands on some of the Action Man toys i used to have when i was a kid!it is absolutely amazing to find out i'm not the only one, lets just hope i can get my collection up and running! i used to have all the clothes, the talking commander and soldiers, tanks, helicopters and even the submarine!! hah i used to get them all kitted up and go into the garden using it as a jungle! grass in the string on the helmets. one thing i havent found is the jeep i used to have...well not in the condition i kept mine in. it had the jerry cans and the shovels with the netting to go over the bonnet and the great big machine gun on the back!! i wish i never let all my stuff go but here's to getting my childhood back!!

-sethgremlin

Hi Seth...blimey mate, I just read your profile, you're only 32!! I'm 46 and thought Action Man had died a death after the 70's. You must have had the 'blue pants' AM's?? I never saw a blue pant AM until recently when I started to get interested again.
Just joined myself so I'm a 'newie' with you. 

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help