Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 16 12 3:46 PM

Tags : :

Recently I've added a few more Green Berets to my ranks so I thought it was time to bring my group shots of my platoon up to date.

First of the GI Joe and Action Man variations of the Soldiers of the World/Soldiers of the Century Green Beret set...

Main differences are boot colours and the Action Man set comes with a Silver Star medal...

Next up my kitbash of a GB Communications guy kitted out for jungle patrol...

The radio is from the GI Joe Marine Communications set...

Another 'bash this time of a GB with a flame thrower.  This was also an attempt to make the standard GB uniform look more combat ready as it always struck me as being a very formal looking uniform...

If you're going to attempt this look with your GB, be warned - the sleeves were a total bee-atch to roll up.   A real nightmare...

My latest kitbash of a GB Field Training Exercise soldier which was inspired by the Action Man Field Training Exercise set...

The jumpsuit is a Geyperman piece and the scabbard holding the knife is by Cotswold, the only non "in house" piece I have used in the 'bashes...

This is the Sears & Roebuck Green Beret Outpost store exclusive set that first put the Green Berets in jungle camouflage uniforms, a look that I actually prefer to the SOTW/SOTC version... 

My "Sears" GBs...

I think this was probably the best of the store exclusive sets of the 1960s...

I was so taken with the look of the above set that it was the inspiration for me to kitbash a whole platoon of GBs in camo fatigues.  First up a GB with flame thrower...

The flame thrower comes from the Australian Jungle Fighter SOTW/SOTC set...

Next, a GB Sentry... 

The poncho is from the Marine Communications set...

A Heavy Weapons GB using the flak vest from Heavy Weapons set...

Grenade launcher comes from the Rifle Rack card...

Another Communications GB, this time with a field telephone... 

The field telephone, map case and binoculars come. once again from the Marine Communications set.  If you've been keeping track that's three of these 'bashes have used kit from the Marine Communication set and have used every piece from the set except for the carbine...

Finally a GB Commanding Officer...

This is the only one of the camo 'bashes to use the GB scarf, which along with the modification I made to the collar/lapels of the shirt gives him that "officer" look...

The troops line up...

That makes twelve Green Berets to date.   Ideas for future variations gratefully received! :)

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Aug 6 12 6:21 PM

OMG! I didn't know that about the brown/black boot difference in Joe/AM  surprise

As both of mine are VAM and wearing brown boots I need to change them then.

Great looking bunch of guys by the way, love the camo idea wink

Retired    Retired   

#10 [url]

Jan 3 13 6:10 PM

Hopefully have an empty repro 'Sears' box coming, getting the camo GB figures and all the contents ready. 

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Jan 4 13 4:59 PM

Where have you managed to get the Sears repro box Johnny?

-the-pauley

Well I haven't actually got it yet but Steve ('somekindajoe') on here knows a guy in the States (Dave) that does them and he is trying to order a couple of boxes off him, he does a real nice job apparently and they are $30 each. 

Retired    Retired   

#14 [url]

Feb 12 13 11:30 PM

I  try to rein in the urge to keep buying Action Man, and then I see a post like this and think, "lets go!" Very impressive line up, the stuff of my boyhood dreams. My friends and I had a rag taggle group that incorporated every available figure we could muster. I wish we had digital cameras then! Here's my Green Beret on his lonesome on patrol. I now have another and hope the sun god shines on us this year. PLEASE!!  

Click here to view the attachment

Retired    Retired   

#17 [url]

Feb 13 13 4:48 PM

i have to say i don have any  but im very very tempted to now ..(as if we need any help LOL) .. but i just had a wee look in to the green berets and there are 7 of them in to diffrent sections .. and then they have the part timers llike out TAs ... and one of them has this as the arm patch ..  .. 6sfg.svg.. now were have i seen that b4 .....

Retired    Retired   

#18 [url]

Feb 13 13 9:11 PM

How about a Medic Green Beret or even a PARA MEDIC or Paramedic! I have kitbashed one and he looks great complete with reserve chute, Camo painted helmet and camo fatigues.

This is your Commander Falling

Retired    Retired   

#19 [url]

Feb 14 13 2:51 PM

I haven't photographed the vintage GB I've bought with the 40th yet, but it'll be interesting to compare. I agree with you the-pauley, they do look a bit too smart to be running around a combat zone!  I may try your solution and roll up their sleeves.  

Retired    Retired   
Retired

Retired

bbcode help