Remove this ad

#21 [url]

May 26 13 9:04 AM

It's a scabbard made by Cotswold.  They come in two varieties - with a tan belt loop or an olive green belt loop.

Here... http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIEW-06S

...and here... http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIEW-06ST

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#23 [url]

May 26 13 12:42 PM

Looking good Must have taken some patience to roll up the sleeves though   

I like the mixing and matching of the different sets - just as Palitoy intended I swapped a few items in from a 40th Aussie jungle fighter set to make up a 60s jungle fighter:

It was only once I had bought a few bits loose that I realised it would have been cheaper to buy a carded set and I would have had extra bits to use 

Retired    Retired   

#24 [url]

May 26 13 4:55 PM

ive used those scabbards also for the vam bayonet and attched them to the backpack and they look great they fit the bayonet perfectlysmilei would reccommend them

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#25 [url]

May 27 13 11:11 AM

Yep - I've bought dozens of them from Cotswold and used them with any Joes or AM that have loose bayonets or knuckle knives.

They are one of those great little "If only Hasbro had made..." items that Cotswold have always excelled at.  And the care they took in doing the belt loops in the two main Hasbro belt colours - nice!

They also do a slightly longer scabbard to hold the bayonet on the GI Joe Japanese Imperial Army SOTW figure, again with the belt loop in matching colour to the belt.. 

Retired    Retired   

#26 [url]

May 27 13 11:16 AM

Looking good [image]Must have taken some patience to roll up the sleeves though [image]   I like the mixing and matching of the different sets - just as Palitoy intended [image]. I swapped a few items in from a 40th Aussie jungle fighter set to make up a 60s jungle fighter:  [image] It was only once I had bought a few bits loose that I realised it would have been cheaper to buy a carded set and I would have had extra bits to use [image]

-deeyem

I like your jungle fella! 

Yes - if you are planning on rolling up the sleeves on that Green Beret tunic, be prepared to almost weep with frustration!  LOL.  I'm not kidding.  That fabric is heavy!  You'll notice I've only done one with rolled up sleeves.
I may try another when I have a week or two to spare! 

Retired    Retired   

#27 [url]

May 27 13 11:40 AM

I do think the 40th cammo uniform looks very good - nice thick material and very crisp.

... if you are planning on rolling up the sleeves on that Green Beret tunic, be prepared to almost weep with frustration!  LOL.  I'm not kidding.  That fabric is heavy!  You'll notice I've only done one with rolled up sleeves.I may try another when I have a week or two to spare!... 

-the-pauley

I had enough trouble trying to get the para's and RM Combat's trousers tucked over their puttees with elastic bands! 

Retired    Retired   

#28 [url]

May 27 13 2:24 PM

Yep - love that 40th cam set.  Bought a shedload of them while they were available at ML, both for the camos and for the parachutes for my ever-growing squadron of pilots.  One day I will run out of them! 

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help