Tags : :

Here's the Spiderman transfer given free in Pow! #2 1966

The Iron Man transfer from 'Terrific' #1 1967

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jul 31 12 9:40 PM

These are ALL the penants to fit into the 'Fantastic' plastic penant sleeve given in 'Fantastic' #1. The cut outs were featured in all the Power comics that week in 1967. These are really hard to obtain as most issues that featured these have them cut out!

Retired    Retired   

#2 [url]

Jul 31 12 9:55 PM

By 1968 all the Power comics stopped featuring USA Marvel characters so Marvel UK decided to publish their own comics in 1972. Issue 1 of 'Mighty World Of Marvel' contained a Hulk transfer, based on an original image by Jack Kirby...

MWOM #2 featured this classic Spiderman transfer....

MWOM #3 contained these stickers...

Retired    Retired   

#4 [url]

Jul 31 12 10:18 PM

'Spider-Man Comics Weekly' was the next comic to come along. #1 featured a Spiderman mask, a crude gift really (although it still fetches a high price) as it's really a paper bag!

Issue 2 was a better gift, a Spider Tracer Plane...

Retired    Retired   

#6 [url]

Aug 1 12 7:41 AM

I certainly do Daren, complete with the issues they came with. They are worth a fair few pennies, just like some of the rarer VAM stuff.
I'll post some more tonight. 

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Aug 1 12 4:49 PM

Steve (somekindajoe) mentioned he had the gun from Pow! #1 1966. This was basically a piece of cardboard and one went on ebay not too long back, complete with cardboard bullets, for a staggering £300...believe it or not, but straight up!
Here's mine...

....pity it's a fake, I made it myself! The comic is genuine though, I purchased issue 2 from a mail order site for £15 years back and #1 was tucked inside unbeknown to the seller. Result!grin

Retired    Retired   

#8 [url]

Aug 1 12 5:00 PM

Avengers got their own mag in the UK in 1973, #1 featured a set of transfers/tattoos that are so very rare now as obviously not many survived. Steve (somekindajoe) has a set. Alas I only have some repro ones.

#2 featured a cardboard gun, again very rare and expensive. Another I don't have.

Retired    Retired   

#10 [url]

Aug 5 12 12:41 AM

I actually remember buying that comic on a Saturday morning visiting my nan we used to go on the bus to see her and the shop there always seemed to sell great things . I also remember losing the transfers Walking from the shop back to my Nans ,I was gutted but nan made it better lol

Retired    Retired   

#11 [url]

Aug 5 12 9:15 AM

Aww, that is tough luck tommygunn, but like you say, Nan's always make it better smile
I think with the success of the Avengers film, these will only go up in value now.

I see a copy of MWOM #1 complete with Hulk transfer has turned up on ebay...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170890435485?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help