Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Sep 9 12 8:13 PM

Sad day for VAME! Thanks mate for covering my absence & for being on the end of the phone, gonna miss you!

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#24 [url]

Sep 9 12 9:05 PM

I've just had a hectic weekend with band gigs.  Just sat down to some VAME time and see this! 

Tim has to be one of the most genuine chaps I have had the pleasure to meet, not only in VAM circles, or collecting circles but in life in general.  He has inspired many of us on this forum to " get the troops outside" and capture it on film.  His epic photographic exploits have left us all speechless and driven us to attempt do do the same, which has in turn lead to the terrific photo comp entries we see every month.

His knowledge of all things VAM, especially the EE era were second to none, and the willingness to share his knowledge both on here and face to face at the meets were invaluable to fellow members.

It is ironic I suppose that the hobby itself has lead partly to his leaving our fold, hopefully only as a temporary measure.  I hope I speak on behalf of other members on here when I wish Tim every happiness with his family in the future, and pray that he can find the balance in life to come back to VAME in the not too distant future.

Tim, I salute you as a fellow collector and all round good guy
Gonna miss you mate

Retired    Retired   

#26 [url]

Sep 9 12 10:59 PM

Tim, can't see your ID listed to PM you. My email is
Cheers Dave

-millsd3

Dave, I've deleted your post with your personal e-mail address, otherwise you're going to start getting an awful lot of spam!

Send me a PM if you like and I'll pass the message on to Tim.

Retired    Retired   

#28 [url]

Sep 10 12 1:32 AM

The value of Tim's photos came a close second only to the integrity of his character and to the respect that such integrity deserves.

I am very sorry he left and if he left only because of the recent disagreements with a couple of other members or ex members then all I have to say is that I respectfully disagree with his decision. This site has been made poorer, in more than one ways, by his departure.

Yorgos

Retired    Retired   

#30 [url]

Sep 10 12 12:32 PM

Good luck Tim. You will be greatly missed on these pages. Thank you for all your help in the past. D.

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Sep 10 12 1:09 PM

I am very sorry he left and if he left only because of the recent disagreements with a couple of other members or ex members then all I have to say is that I respectfully disagree with his decision. This site has been made poorer, in more than one ways, by his departure.

-yorgos

This was not the primary reason Tim has left VAME. He has other far more important commitments at the moment. He will be missed for now but I am sure he will return some time in the future. Good luck Tim and lets see that book finished when your ready.

Retired    Retired   

#33 [url]

Sep 10 12 3:07 PM

Hi Guys just to let you all know i had a nice long chat with Tim on the phone this morning, and he did say "NEVER SAY NEVER"we all know Tim has VAM in hes blood.He is going to take some time out with hes family, which he feels hes been neglecting lately, what with the photo shoots ect. But if you ask me i think we will see him back here, cant say when,NEVER SAY NEVER. have a good one mate.

Retired    Retired   

#35 [url]

Sep 10 12 4:38 PM

I was so very sorry to hear of Tim's departure (hopefully temporary) from the Forum.  What an inspiration he's been to members on here and, on a personal note, a great support to me - he's always willingly shared  his vast  knowledge of all things VAM.A true gent.

Don't be a stranger Tim.  Wishing you  all the very best of everything smile
Sal x

Retired    Retired   

#36 [url]

Sep 10 12 6:46 PM

Very sad news, Tim will be a big big loss to the site,i have met him twice at the VAM meets and what a great genuine fella.But as already been mentioned  VAM is in Tims blood so i don't think he will be able to keep away for to long....hope not anyway....will certaintly miss you Tim!

Retired    Retired   

#37 [url]

Sep 10 12 6:46 PM

I read this post yesterday and couldn't find the words to make a post, but I echo the views expressed above.  Tim, if you look-in, you will be missed and I hope that you will be able to find a route back.

Best Regards

Dave L

Retired    Retired   

#38 [url]

Sep 10 12 8:21 PM

Wow, I've just got on this post...the words are missing....
I wasn't really often on the forum those last months (cause of my new job)...
I'll really miss your input Tim...you were a great inspiration on several levels. I hope to see/hear you soon here on the forum.
Good luck and wish you all the best!

Retired    Retired   

#39 [url]

Sep 10 12 8:47 PM

Tim, I hope you have a great time away from the forum, we will all miss you while you are away, but it makes me realise that some things are even more important than Action Man

Retired    Retired   

#40 [url]

Sep 10 12 9:42 PM

Tim I am not on here as often as some people but I would like to add my personal thanks for everything you have given to us all and as a novice collector I can say you inspired me along the way to improve in my collecting. I appreciate the time you spent sending info to me in the last year here on vame also as one collector to another " if you ever want to see your SNIPER alive again", come back to VAME or He will suffer a fate worse than death I'll put Him in with The Intruder grin all the very best Alan.

"it's only pain it'll soon pass",quote Royal Marines commando Training Team Lympstone.

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help