Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 20 12 9:27 PM

Tags : :

I didn't think the 40th footy tops were labeled until i got this.

Click here to view the attachment
Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Nov 23 12 9:16 PM

I only have 1 pair of guaranteed 40th shorts. so i can not really be sure. if i had a pair of suspect shorts I would look at the elastic all my vintage ones have a herringbone pattern, a bit like the body elastic but smaller (1/8th"). The 40th pair is more like the rifle slings with bands and a bit wider (5mm) 

Retired    Retired   

#5 [url]

Nov 24 12 2:08 AM

I only have 1 pair of guaranteed 40th shorts. so i can really be sure. if i had a pair of suspect shorts I would look at the elastic all my vintage ones have a herringbone pattern, a bit like the body elastic but smaller (1/8th"). The 40th pair is more like the rifle slings with bands and a bit wider (5mm) 

-daz28

cheers for that daz

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Nov 29 12 1:03 AM

I'm not a huge fan of 40th, but having made in 'Hong Kong' labels when they more than likely made in 'China' is............Lucky it was just the one wave and luckier the 60s nylon footballer was never included in the 40th range.

Retired    Retired   

#9 [url]

Nov 29 12 4:32 PM

That wouldn't surprise me Hong Kong has always been more Western, with more middle classes and better standard of living than China. Alot of electrical companies are now Japanese owned, and they too use China to make goods, as does South Korea.  Alot of the 40th range is easy enough to notice and I think a label with '40th made in China' would have been better.  

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help