Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 28 12 8:00 PM

Tags : :

Firstly, a BIG thanks to mraction for a great deal that enabled me to complete my Vintage French Resistance Fighter.  Thanks again for the radio, Mike, as seen below!

My good pal, ak615 supplied the inspiration for the following story when he took one of my pics, and added the title, as seen later.  Thanks, Andy!

' Il s'agit de se rappeler les cellules maîtresses. Les petits groupes d'hommes armés et les femmes ...

This is to remember the Résistance cells.  Small groups of armed men and women, who, in addition to their guerrilla warfare activities, were also publishers of underground newspapers, providers of first-hand intelligence information, and maintainers of escape networks that helped Allied soldiers and airmen trapped behind enemy lines.

Coded messages were deciphered in the field

Our Allies in need of aid were picked up, and redirected to our safe house...

Unkown to enemy occupying forces, this was a chance of respite before the final stage of their homeward journey.

As the summer neared it's end, more and more comrades sought our help, sometimes in small groups, but mostly solo individuals who had become cut off from their units in the field...

Time and time again, the safe house proved invaluable

I sensed something was wrong that day. I had to contact base, although I had no proof...

‘Nous nous sommes appuyés sur les autres…

We relied on each other.  We trusted each other.

‘Rester calme - nous sommes sur la bonne voie!’

‘Keep calm – we are on our way!’

I knew I must return to check out the safe house...

As I said before, we relied on each other, we trusted each other to be there for us when needed. 

Nous avons dû - notre vie dépend d'elle... 

We had to - our lives depended on it.

'Ombre des Nazis' - 'Shadow of the Nazis'

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Aug 28 12 9:38 PM

Wow that's powerful stuff you've done there the unedited photos are briliant, love the effects as well though, loe the PH faces they really have some good emotions in a lot of them well done

Retired    Retired   

#3 [url]

Aug 28 12 10:50 PM

Firstly, a BIG thanks to mraction for a great deal that enabled me to complete my Vintage French Resistance Fighter.  Thanks again for the radio, Mike, as seen below!

-amanfromcoalville

You're very welcome.  It's a pleasure to see it being put to such good use!

Needless to say I'm chuffed to bits with the deal too, and will post a pic once Tom's been restrung. 

Retired    Retired   

#9 [url]

Aug 29 12 8:33 PM

Ha! Ha!!!  LOL!  Thank you everyone for the comments, but honestly, no floorboards were harmed in the taking of these pics! 

However, the old boiler cupboard did take quite a pounding...

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help