Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Nov 9 12 11:13 PM

Wow Andy I'm impressed on two counts! One that you've booked into a hotel so you can attend tomorrow, talk about dedication, and secondly that you can get on-line using a hotel wi-fi! Please don't spoil it by saying you're using your phone!

See you all tomorrow!

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#45 [url]

Nov 9 12 11:30 PM

Well, I've just chicken in to my London hotel room for the night, just got to squeeze in a cooked breakfast before the big day ;0)

-para1974

That was rather sensible really, I'm not looking forward to the early start.  

Retired    Retired   

#48 [url]

Nov 10 12 9:22 AM

Well, I've just chicken in to my London hotel room for the night, just got to squeeze in a cooked breakfast before the big day ;0)

-para1974

If you have a chicken in your hotel room Andy its either a dump or the mini bar gets 5 stars!!!

Have a great time guys!

Retired    Retired   

#51 [url]

Nov 10 12 4:41 PM

what a brilliant day!
I learnt a few things that will stick in my memory,
that the artwork was painted actual size and the accessories were made double size and scaled down during the tooling process.
And the belfast hat was never sold, but a few were made for the press and given out in a goody bag on hms belfast.

Retired    Retired   

#56 [url]

Nov 10 12 6:53 PM

Well done. Andysmile

Sorry to have missed you, Chris.   There were quite a few fellow VAMErs there, it was great to see some of the faces from the VAME day again and good to meet Paul(Memoille).   

Retired    Retired   

#57 [url]

Nov 10 12 7:16 PM

It was called "The Striker Swingfire"

Still cant get over how close to the mam version the operation wolfpack 4 x 4 was amazing when you think it was designed in 83.
Just bored the mrs with how great it all was

Retired    Retired   

#59 [url]

Nov 10 12 7:38 PM

Just back.  Great fun today and really good of Bob and his former colleagues to give up their time.  I can't believe it was a free event.  

I've deleted the photos of the Wolfpack stuff, because the museum asked us not to post photos of those.  Not sure why - uncertainty over copyright ownership probably.

I agree, though - it was a bit too MAM for my taste, but interesting to get that insight into how the ranges were designed and prototyped before production.

Retired    Retired   

#60 [url]

Nov 10 12 7:49 PM

Great time today chaps it was great to get talking to you all

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help