Remove this ad

#61 [url]

Nov 10 12 8:18 PM

It was amazing to see all the 83 special team cards laying on the table. I decided they wouldn't all fit in my bag so left them alone Then there was the Space Ranger Patroller on the 83 backing that I'd never seen before just photos of the outer box. It was well worth the trip. 

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad

#62 [url]

Nov 10 12 8:45 PM

that space ranger card was nice. I wonder how that stayed looking like new when all the ones i've seen are either semi knackered or dead?

I'm going to drop the museum staff a mail to thanj them for such an interesting and well organised event.
As mike said, i can't believe it was free either. It looked like the panel enjoyed themselves as much as we did and i'm really gratefull that they gave us thier time.

Retired    Retired   

#63 [url]

Nov 10 12 8:52 PM

The special team info i got from the gentleman that designed the range was invaluable.

We had a chat over the special team cards and apparently the missile assault came out 1 year after the other 3 outfits.

Which explains why ive never seen a special team missile assault card.

So much invaluable info and like you've said Mat so good of everyone to give up their time to make such a great event.

Retired    Retired   

#64 [url]

Nov 10 12 9:17 PM

I had a great day and I would particularly like to add my thanks to the museum staff who looked after us all so well and as Mike and Matt had noted it was all free.  I will follow Matt's lead and send them an email too.

Retired    Retired   

#72 [url]

Nov 10 12 10:00 PM

On behalf of v8mikey, I did ask why Palitoy never made a tennis player.  Apparently, it was never really considered, but in any case the hard hands weren't really made to grip a tennis racquet!

There were some interesting talks from museum staff at the start of the event, including tips on photography from the lady who photographs the museum objects for the archive on the website.  I was particularly interested in the talk on plastics, why they degrade and what you can do to prevent it.  Not much seems to be the answer, but the key to preservation seems to be mainly to keep the objects away from light, temperature fluctuations and air (oxygen) if possible.  Just as well I don't display mine then! 

Retired    Retired   

#73 [url]

Nov 10 12 10:11 PM

Another one i found interesting was the prototype motorised scorpian tank.

Modifications included engine noise and flashing led in the muzzle with the speaker for the engine noise hidden under the hatch.

Shame it was never made as that would of been great fun as a kid.

Retired    Retired   

#74 [url]

Nov 10 12 10:23 PM

Fantastic day, I thought all the speakers were great, the photos were intriguing and the prototypes and displays were superb. Really enjoyed my day and it was great to meet friends old and new. 

Retired    Retired   

#75 [url]

Nov 10 12 10:38 PM

Another one i found interesting was the prototype motorised scorpian tank.
[image]

Modifications included engine noise and flashing led in the muzzle with the speaker for the engine noise hidden under the hatch.
Shame it was never made as that would of been great fun as a kid.

-drunkenmonkey

It was only going to have engine sounds, not a working motor sad

And we would've only been able to fit 1 VAM in the tank as the drivers hatch was used.  Bad move, the Geyper version fitted 3grin

Retired    Retired   

#77 [url]

Nov 11 12 12:44 AM

I put my hand in this shot for scale.  You can see how big the grey head is, which was used to model accessories in double size for detail.
The silver figure is a prototype mould for the Space Rangers rubber suit.  The boots looks very different and much better than the production version.  The webbing tooling pattern is made of wood and the one next to my hand we thought were probably Action Force, but doubled up in scale for tooling,
The BP with the green sticker is BP Talker test model number 1 !!

Retired    Retired   

#80 [url]

Nov 11 12 2:14 AM

it was well worth the drive down there .. . i hope they have it again .. as the lady said there was 300  vam items out and they have put it this way  !! a lot more in the stores !!   so they need to get them ALLL out so we can see them as they need to be seen    not hidden away .. grin.. i was ready to do a runner with the DAK officer but it was not on display   i asked about the cap and as  she remembers its painted just like the ones we all have ..   shame ..but she going to send me pics of it   so i'll post them when she does .

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help