Remove this ad

Lead

Nov 1 12 2:36 AM

Tags : :

Just picked this 2005 GI Joe Convention Set a while back in the classifieds on the Action Man Command forums.   But I also had one of my jammy-minty fairies moments connected to it, more on which later...

Inside the box.  Note Luftwaffe pilot is a GI Joe Foreign head "sour face"...

Removing the RAF tray reveals the Luftwaffe tray underneath...

Working radio plays a recording of a Battle of Britain news cast...

Nice enamel pin...

Sew on patch...

The documentation...

The British pilot...

Rear view...

The German pilot...

Rear view...

The British flight gear...

Incredibly detailed kit.  A little too detailed for my liking...

Has more of the look of Dragon than Hasbro...

It's very nice but I would have preferred it to look a little less realistic and a little more "Joe"...

The German flight gear...

Again, incredible detail.  The life vest is a big step up from the Action Man version...

A look at the signal flare belts on the boots...

Oh, yes - the jammy bit!  Normally when I get a set like this I can't wait to rip the cards open and get the gear on to a figure, but this set looked sooooo pretty on the card and it is a set that doesn't show up in the UK that often.  So I hesitated and got to wondering.  I thought that there has got to be quite a few people out there who have bought the set and opened it up to dress the figures, that I'd hang fire and see if I could find any for sale.  

Well, my patience paid off, as a few months later the jammy-minty fairies came up trumps for me when both the British and German flight gear came up on eBay (eBay UK, no less!) and I scooped both for a bargain price.  Was willing to bid high to get these and ended up being gobsmacked at how little I had to pay...

Really pleased that I can display these sets in and out of the packaging....

And of course it also means... FOUR MORE PILOTS!!! 

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad
Retired

Retired

bbcode help