Remove this ad

Lead

Nov 3 12 11:24 AM

Tags : :

GI Joe Club edition of the Talking Black Commander produced in 2009.

Retired    Retired   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

Nov 3 12 1:29 PM

Does he speak with an African American accent, you know 'jive talk'?[image]

-action-johnny

Oh, you mean like a Beegee?!!!

I think his voice does have a 'Shaft' like quality!  ('Can ya dig it? Right on!')

I live by the river (JStrummer)

Retired    Retired   

#4 [url]

Nov 3 12 8:13 PM

I think his voice does have a 'Shaft' like quality ('Can ya dig it? Right on!')

-amanfromcoalville

Hasbro really should have got Richard Roundtree to do the voice for thier AA Talking Commander.

..and Jim, didn't you once complain that after sending a vintage figure away for repair it returned sounding distinctly South African?

Retired    Retired   

#5 [url]

Nov 3 12 8:25 PM

Hasbro really should have got Richard Roundtree to do the voice for thier AA Talking Commander.
..and Jim, didn't you once complain that after sending a vintage figure away for repair it returned sounding distinctly South African?

-somekindajoe

What a great memory you have!  Although, I think I was whining more than complaining! LOL! 
That's my original ATeam Talking Commander that I sent away to the US with a Talking GI Joe Soldier and two talking AMan Commanders.
They were send back to me repaired and in the same box with a sheet of tissue paper separating each figure. 
Needless, to say (but I'll say it!) they were less able to speak to on their return, than before they departed!  Apart from the ATeam Commander who sounded like a South African taking hefty swigs from a helium balloon!
To be mildly fair, the repairer did say he stood by his work, and would re repair them if I paid postage, but could I be ******?  No, and my Commander is still speaking at 200 miles a second!  'TheadventureteamisneededinAfrikaans!'

Retired    Retired   

#7 [url]

Nov 3 12 8:33 PM

Oh, you mean like a Beegee?!!!
I think his voice does have a 'Shaft' like quality!  ('Can ya dig it? Right on!')

I live by the river (JStrummer)

-amanfromcoalville

No not like a Bee Gee. Jive talk is what Afro American's call their patter.
Example: "Crazy mother F******, you aint spreadin' no sh** 'bout my lady".....that sort of thing, you get the drift.   

Retired    Retired   

#8 [url]

Nov 3 12 9:20 PM

'... Jive talk is what Afro American's call their patter.
Example: "Crazy mother F******, you aint spreadin' no sh** 'bout my lady".....that sort of thing, you get the drift.'

Yes, that's why I always thought it hilarious that the Brother's Gibb seriously thought they were spreadin' their sh** with all their 'jjjjjive talkin!'

Retired    Retired   
Retired

Retired

bbcode help